Maine moose success.

mowin

My cousins wife was was lucky enough to draw a moose tag in zone 19. He was the sub. 

On our first afternoon, we called up this guy. It was incredible.  We heard him grunting back at us a thrashing the brush as he came in.  Alan dropped him at 70 yrds.  

IMG_20190923_180241580.jpg

• Like 33

1 hour ago, Bigfoot 327 said:

Two hunters on one moose permit. That's how it works there. Who shoots the moose is up to the permitees.

Me and a buddy apply every year and we were gonna do the same thing his grandfather did when he was in Maine. Never tell anyone who took the shot.  It was a team effort, WE got a moose. Just thought it would be cool to the same thing

• Like 3

Thanks everyone.  It weighed in at 801 lbs.  

Took us 3 hrs to rig up pulleys, ropes to the trucks and get him to the road. The blow downs and boulders slowed us down a lot.  

He took the first shot  opportunity he had, and he wasn't coming any closer. 

We're still at it trying to get my buddies son a bull, but haven't seen or heard a thing. Getting back out shortly. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mowin said:

Thanks everyone.  It weighed in at 801 lbs.  

Took us 3 hrs to rig up pulleys, ropes to the trucks and get him to the road. The blow downs and boulders slowed us down a lot.  

He took the first shot  opportunity he had, and he wasn't coming any closer. 

We're still at it trying to get my buddies son a bull, but haven't seen or heard a thing. Getting back out shortly. 

awesome again, how much meat are you expected to yield?