anyone rethinking the opener for a day off?

Robhuntandfish

21 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Friday a 20 degree drop from the 80s to the 60s. Think I may swap Tuesday for Friday now. And it extends my weekend which is nice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

just did the exact same thing 30 seconds ago.  (may still make the opener after work though for a couple hours - maybe) 

IF the opener was on my regularly scheduled day off or if I was retired, I would absolutely hunt (at least in the morning), regardless if it was going to be 84 degrees. Being that I only have so many days of vacation to use, I would rather use the vacation day that I planned for the opener some other time when I know movement will be better AND that I won't be sweating my ass off in the clothes that I meticulously try to keep as scent free as possible! Certainly don't need my camo smelling like ass on the first day! :pardon:

Been debating whether to switch days, but I've decided to go hunting on Tuesday. I'd be useless at work (even more useless than normal), knowing I could be out there hunting. 

It'll be hot in the stand, but not as hot as the guys at work sweating their balls off on the road. Suckers.

Edited by Skillet

27 minutes ago, Skillet said:

Been debating whether to switch days, but I've decided to go hunting on Tuesday. I'd be useless at work (even more useless than normal), knowing I could be out there hunting. 

It'll be hot in the stand, but not as hot as the guys at work sweating their balls off on the road. Suckers.

Tis why ill be out there.the day will feel like its dragging and ill be pulling my hair out knowing i can be in the woods!!

• Like 1

I posted a similar post in the deer hunting section. . I took tuesday and friday off and was just wondering if I should skip tuesday all together.. but u know what.. I've gotten deer on cam in all kinds of weather. . .so eff it.. I'd rather be in the woods than at home watching tv.. and my boss wont let me switch days this late.. so I'm going both days!

I just texted my boss I'm swapping out my Tuesday buck fever for a Friday fever

I’m keeping Tuesday but might switch Wednesday with Friday. Wednesday May crack 90! Says 87 right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

I’m keeping Tuesday but might switch Wednesday with Friday. Wednesday May crack 90! Says 87 right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yowza! I would love to take more days but I'm really the only one that knows how to do what I can and if I'm not there all trading goes to shit so it sucks but I guess it's also good. The perils of being the best at what one does I suppose