Just sayin' Hello

Robin

I am glad to hear that you guys are planning on giving it a go this fall.  I hope to be up at my inlaws, 30 mi NW of Lows location, this year again.  I was not quite fast enough on the draw to get a shot at the big Adirondack buck that made this scrape on opening day of rifle up there last year.  

The deer dynamics are changing a bit up there. In prior years, I would see an average of 6 antlerless deer for each antlered one.  I missed a small buck up there, during late ML in mid December.  Those were my last two deer sightings up there, and odds are, they are both still kicking.

The browse line, all the way around the lake, indicates that the local deer population is good.  Your chances of getting a buck over there might be better than you think, not that it matters much with that kind of scenery.  Best of luck to you and looking forward to the photos and videos.

20210215_183526.jpg

20210215_183453.jpg

• Like 1

Robin, glad to hear you will be hunting in NY again.  My friend and I are planning to canoe/camp/hunt/fish that area again this fall.   Maybe Lake Lila again as we know it a little now and have some areas to explore more fully. 

Sure would love to have a canvas tent with wood stove like yours!  We were lucky and had a decently warm week and good sleeping bags. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 11:53 AM, Robin said:

Here's a 6 day trip I took last October to the North Maine Woods, no hunting and fishing was closed, just camped up there solo.

So glad you are feeling well enough to make that summer trip and having something to look forward to this fall with your son.

Can't wait to see your next video and hats off for living the dream:hi:

• 2 weeks later...