Alabama Swamp Shooting lanes

Bolt action

Does anyone know if the shooting ranges are still open? I'm hearing that the DEC might have closed them because people were leaving all their trash behind. It's over an hour away from me though so not convenient for me to check on it. This is where I do all my sighting in before the start of gun season.

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Not sure. But agree on a holes leaving junk there. Reminder , can’t shoot before noon there 

It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone else.  A few years ago I made the drive out and found out that they were closed for the day because they had utility workers in the back working on something. Ended up wasting half the day on the drive. It would be great if the DEC offered a way to check on these.

I am in Ontario County and have a measured 100 yard range for use. Not how far you want to shoot but there is capacity for 300+ yards. All you would need is your target(s) and possibly a shooting bench since mine is not very fancy. Could save you a few miles and all you have to do to check conditions is make a call.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Steve D said:

I am in Ontario County and have a measured 100 yard range for use. Not how far you want to shoot but there is capacity for 300+ yards. All you would need is your target(s) and possibly a shooting bench since mine is not very fancy. Could save you a few miles and all you have to do to check conditions is make a call.

That's a sincerely appreciated offer! 

• 4 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 8:13 PM, Steve D said:

Hey man, I'm looking for a place to shoot come spring/summer, and I've always had terrible luck with the swamps. it's always crowded, I'm somewhat disabled and it can be embarrassing and frustrating showing up there after a 45 minute drive to end up waiting for an hour to shoot, just to have to leave because of my medical issues. I own mostly shotguns and .22's. Is there any way I could contact you to use your range? My email is [email protected] 

thank you for your time reading this, hopefully we can get in touch! I'm 23 so I'm sorry if this is a very informal way of asking to use your property(range).

• 1 month later...