Italy or BUST

Al Bundy

23 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Today is the day.. Heading for Rome on a big ol' jet air liner. Going to meet up with Goosifer in Venice for a glass or two or maybe even three of Italian wine.  !!!!!! 

Awesome have fun. The greatest GTG of all-time! Take a pic!

• Like 2

Good for you Rome is the best!!  Hope you have time to go down to the amalfi coast and Capri...
food there is second to none:pleasantry: PREGO

I did eat at one great restaurant on Capri, I found the food in Sicily and Rome to be better though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I’ve been hunting the local flora and fauna here.  I’ve been successful with Vitis vinifera. A great local variety is here and easily hunted. I’ve also been hunting for Italionisis princessis. Unfortunately this has been a bit trickier to hunt and I’ve been unsuccessful so far. However I have good hunting skills and look forward to future success.

9888CB1E-F65A-44AD-A3FE-6B9C1BD6A4CF.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

I’ve been hunting the local flora and fauna here.  I’ve been successful with Vitis vinifera. A great local variety is here and easily hunted. I’ve also been hunting for Italionisis princessis. Unfortunately this has been a bit trickier to hunt and I’ve been unsuccessful so far. However I have good hunting skills and look forward to future success.

9888CB1E-F65A-44AD-A3FE-6B9C1BD6A4CF.jpeg

IMG_3834.jpg

Awesome spot, black sand hot as hell in july....eat at chez black its right behind you

10.8 miles up and down hills behind Amalfi. Dragging a deer out of the woods isn’t this much work.  Weather is still hot. I’m beat but still smiling.  For those who never ventured here the road is intense. Buses are literally inches from hitting each other at times.  

IMG_4387.JPG

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

10.8 miles up and down hills behind Amalfi. Dragging a deer out of the woods isn’t this much work.  Weather is still hot. I’m beat but still smiling.  For those who never ventured here the road is intense. Buses are literally inches from hitting each other at times.  

IMG_4387.JPG

You are ready for a Mountain Goat hunt in British Columbia.

IMG_4387.JPG.0dfd74db291d5b2bdd1edc8ea142f66b.JPG

Yea that bus traffic is scary. Make sure you try the Limoncello while you are there

Hey chef.. you recall the place in Capri you ate?? Capri is quite nice. Roman ruins were interesting if you used a bit of imagination. I walked 12 miles on Capri yesterday. Found a grocery store tucked away with almost no signage. Bottle of limoncello for less than half the price in the tourist traps. It put mrs bundy under the table last night.  Strong and good stuff. I splurged and bought a high end bottle of wine for 9.00 . Lowest price was under two bucks, average was like 4-5. Kind of makes you stop and think about the markup in the tourist traps. Good hunting everyone. 

• Like 3

Hey chef.. you recall the place in Capri you ate?? Capri is quite nice. Roman ruins were interesting if you used a bit of imagination. I walked 12 miles on Capri yesterday. Found a grocery store tucked away with almost no signage. Bottle of limoncello for less than half the price in the tourist traps. It put mrs bundy under the table last night.  Strong and good stuff. I splurged and bought a high end bottle of wine for 9.00 . Lowest price was under two bucks, average was like 4-5. Kind of makes you stop and think about the markup in the tourist traps. Good hunting everyone. 
Did you have a trail map of sorts? Or just walked around?

We have different day trips set up and one is a trip to capri. We will take a car ride from positano to sorrento and then a boat from sorrento to capri. We have 4 free hours on capri.
They will give us limoncello and a sandwich on the boat. I think we also go by the blue lagoon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We had a map. Walking from the ferry port area to the Roman ruins is a good walk. You can bus or cab it a little closer but not much. With 4 hours that might be worth it. Just be ready to open your wallet and don’t think about how much goes out.  There is a somewhat locals grocery store on the walk up to the ruins if you are going there. Maps and roads are not always the easiest to decipher in these parts. I’m quite good with direction and maps but have found myself questioning the directions at times. 

me and the mrs try to get off the tourist row and into life as the locals know it, at least somewhat. In Capri and amalfi this means walking like crazy.  If anyone is into it, recommend walking from above amalfi, town called Scala down into amalfi. It’s up high on the hills above amalfi and there is a goat type,path down the side of the  Mtn. Scala is off the tourist radar mostly but next to a town called Ravello which is for some reason on the tourist radar. 

Jmp If it’s not to late I might think about skipping the car ride into Sorrento. Take the ferry from positano to Capri.  45 or so minutes. Ferry runs quite often. You avoid having a two hop transit, and more time on Capri if that is more to your liking.  When you around? I’m already working on meeting up with goosifer but have time in Rome next few days.. 

I don’t recall the name but I can tell you if you are at the Finnicular station and walk away from it, the restaurant is on your right you can’t miss it it is almost like one big deck

We had a map. Walking from the ferry port area to the Roman ruins is a good walk. You can bus or cab it a little closer but not much. With 4 hours that might be worth it. Just be ready to open your wallet and don’t think about how much goes out.  There is a somewhat locals grocery store on the walk up to the ruins if you are going there. Maps and roads are not always the easiest to decipher in these parts. I’m quite good with direction and maps but have found myself questioning the directions at times. 
me and the mrs try to get off the tourist row and into life as the locals know it, at least somewhat. In Capri and amalfi this means walking like crazy.  If anyone is into it, recommend walking from above amalfi, town called Scala down into amalfi. It’s up high on the hills above amalfi and there is a goat type,path down the side of the  Mtn. Scala is off the tourist radar mostly but next to a town called Ravello which is for some reason on the tourist radar. 
Jmp If it’s not to late I might think about skipping the car ride into Sorrento. Take the ferry from positano to Capri.  45 or so minutes. Ferry runs quite often. You avoid having a two hop transit, and more time on Capri if that is more to your liking.  When you around? I’m already working on meeting up with goosifer but have time in Rome next few days.. 
Thanks!
I did some googling to see what some people say.
When I did a Google maps from the port to the arco naturale to the Roman ruins back to the port , google shows it as 7.7 km and around 2 hours round trip. Its google maps so it probably just takes into account horizontal distance but it does show the total elevation changes.
I'll plug it in all trails app and see what they say.

We actually wont be there until 10-12 so you might be long gone.

Leaving Friday night for florence, rome, naples and then positano.

I don’t recall the name but I can tell you if you are at the Finnicular station and walk away from it, the restaurant is on your right you can’t miss it it is almost like one big deck

I think you mean pulalli? I'm on google maps now