Team Legend 2019

First-light

So as we move into the opening week of bow I set my sights on the second week. My brothers son in law is a trooper and he has off that week. He will be bringing up a Suffolk county cop to see if they can shoot straight! lol I'm coming up Friday morning and going to spend the whole week at the cabin. This is the first time I'll ever spend so much time early season. Beans are everywhere and I hope to get a shot at one of the big boys still on the summer pattern. Because it is so early I'm going to really document here the conditions of the hunt every day. Good luck brothers and sisters! 

• Like 4

Got in the stand at 2:30 today. low 40 overcast slight breeze. Going in I busted three out by my stand they were bedded. About an hour later here comes a 4 wheeler and I start hearing a stand come down talking then off they went. Deer came down about half hour later winded me and lit up the woods like 4th of july blowing at me. Had a buck come by about 5:45 smelled him first then saw hime here and there heading away from me. Jumped 4 more bedded in my swail. Be back at it tomorrow! 

• Like 2

Cool morning and very quiet. Had some doe walk past at 7:30 then at 8:30 a big mature 8 walks up to my stand. Was to my right when I caught movement. He headed into the brush and i grunted at him. He turned and walked 20 yards from me broadside. Took the shot and all I heard was whack and the deer took off. No arrow no blood no hair. I looked for a half hour then started fanning out. Only then did I find 4 drops of blood. I headed in the direction the deer went still nothing. The deer went on my neighbors property so I called he came down to help. In 4 hrs we found nothing. No arrow or a drop of blood. I will hunt down there tomorrow and listen for crows about all I can do. 

• Sad 1

10/11 Morning sit I went to a new stand and saw three doe. My brother wasnt very far from me and he saw 6 doe a spike and two big bucks cruising together. They headed towards me but drifted off. They were two of the same bucks in my trail cam picks. A two big 8's. He also saw a fisher. I'm switching over to a stand by the soybeans for the evening hunt. The shot deer yesterday was full of beans! lol

• Like 1

10/1 evening hunt. Warm almost 70. I hunt a stand by the soybeans. I t just happens to be the day the farmer shows up to cut them! Didn't see anything so I got down around 6 and walked around a bit. Saw 1 rub. Brother was almost run over by three coyotes on his way out. 

• 4 weeks later...

Been at camp since sunday night. Been bow hunting with my brother. We are taking iy easy, I'm not feeling that great, been out a few times. I saw a nice buck along with a smaller one but they winded me. Too damn cold, we spent the afternoon from 2:45 till dark in stand could hardly make it back to camp! lol Maybe one of us connects this week no pressure! Some trail picts

PICT0007.JPG

WGI_0094.JPG

PICT0011.JPG

PICT0010.JPG

• Like 1

My brother and Niece hunted this afternoon. Scrapes were opened last night and chasing was going on today. My niece missed a beauty tonight, buck fever! Brother missed one also deflected off a branch. They saw a ton of deer tonight. I had originally thought my bean field was plowed over but he only did the first third.  There are plenty of beans left after it was cut that the deer are hitting. Good luck tomorrow!