I got the ones with the waist too. But for 15 bucks.... I cut and ran straps through the shoulder pads. I didn't like doing that but was the only way unless you have some sewing skills/equipment. The botom section had lots of straps and attachments that I was able to very slick like attach that.
Seems above my skillset.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• 4 weeks later...

Puffy pants and coat are holding up well, been inside for maybe 30 minutes today.  So much less hassle than packing bibs and sweating wearing a heavy coat to the stand.  If it gets any colder though I'll need an outer layer on top of the down.  Pants got real wet this morning and didn't lose their insulation.  Only negative is the material is light.  One of my broadheads poked a hole I'm going to have to patch.

• Like 1

Puffy pants and coat are holding up well, been inside for maybe 30 minutes today.  So much less hassle than packing bibs and sweating wearing a heavy coat to the stand.  If it gets any colder though I'll need an outer layer on top of the down.  Pants got real wet this morning and didn't lose their insulation.  Only negative is the material is light.  One of my broadheads poked a hole I'm going to have to patch.

Hole poked sucks! Think I'm gonna try and get the kutana gale force pants/bib for Christmas

#WeDemandADislikeButton

38 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Hole poked sucks! Think I'm gonna try and get the kutana gale force pants/bib for Christmas

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Yeah, been eyeballing them since they announced them.  Probably not this year, the 2 smokepoles should do it for the fall.  I'm looking forward to doing some legwork during gun with this gear.  

• Like 1

Yeah, been eyeballing them since they announced them.  Probably not this year, the 2 smokepoles should do it for the fall.  I'm looking forward to doing some legwork during gun with this gear.  
I just freeze my nads off in the stand so figured if I can get these bibs they'll work with my current cabela's heavy jacket and cover my lower back where the wind always finds a way to bite me and then next year I'll get the jacket. Maybe from my parents for Christmas if I behave lol. The pants will be from the wife

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Dan said:

don't buy KUIU pants especially chugach nx rain pant.  first time wearing them and light briars ripped holes in them. very poor durability in NY state brush. service was poor too

Gee, brand new account, terrible punctuation.  I've beaten the everliving crap out of my pants from KUIU that are made for brush-busting (not rain gear) and haven't had an issue.  Plus their customer service is american, picks up right away (less than a minute) and refunds you the difference on stuff that goes on sale within a month of you buying it.

On 10/30/2020 at 5:59 PM, The Jerkman said:

I just freeze my nads off in the stand so figured if I can get these bibs they'll work with my current cabela's heavy jacket and cover my lower back where the wind always finds a way to bite me and then next year I'll get the jacket. Maybe from my parents for Christmas if I behave lol. The pants will be from the wife

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Put the puffy coat on your list . I love it ,it packs super small so you dont have to wear it to the stand and get hot while walking .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Gee, brand new account, terrible punctuation.  I've beaten the everliving crap out of my pants from KUIU that are made for brush-busting (not rain gear) and haven't had an issue.  Plus their customer service is american, picks up right away (less than a minute) and refunds you the difference on stuff that goes on sale within a month of you buying it.

There is other members here who can chime in about their kuiu pants , I've never heard any complaints

• Like 1

Put the puffy coat on your list . I love it ,it packs super small so you dont have to wear it to the stand and get hot while walking .
Oh I'm just waiting for the superdown pro ultra or whatever it's called to finally go on sale so I can scoop it. Never went on sale this year only the standard superdown. I want the extra warmth lol

#WeDemandADislikeButton

2 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Oh I'm just waiting for the superdown pro ultra or whatever it's called to finally go on sale so I can scoop it. Never went on sale this year only the standard superdown. I want the extra warmth lol

#WeDemandADislikeButton

It has the same rating at the SKRE down feather coat ,it works really good.

6 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I have the super ultra mega goose coat too, along with the pants.  They're clipped to my pack almost all year.  Even if I don't plan to sit, great ace in the hole.  I don't think they sell these anymore, which is a damn shame.  2 things that were negatives to the coat/pants were #1)  Definitely not tough out shell (what do you expect for that light weight) #2) They took FOREVER to stuff into their own pocket again.  This bag took care of #2, they both stuffed right in this in under 30 seconds.  Bag clips to pack, away you go feeling like you just stepped out of your sleeping bag.

image.png.006b2cbb8fd825db9f172c353a12f2a1.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

I just wish all SKRE's gear didn't have hoodies.......get it on the litter layer ......just hate it on the puffy jacket. Just my opinion though.....not a big hoodie fan.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That's one of my gripes ,that and the hood sticks to the wool hat ,it makes it hard to turn your head while wearing the hood and hat together.

3 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

That's one of my gripes ,that and the hood sticks to the wool hat ,it makes it hard to turn your head while wearing the hood and hat together.

Which hat?  This hat?

https://www.kuiu.com/kenai-beanie/80030-VC-XL.html

I've had the opportunity to wear it once, and it's freaking amazingly warm.

• Like 1

Same. It's difficult to even find crew neck sweatshirts anymore.
I go with 3/4 zip......allows for ventilation and you can find them by all different makers on sale for reasonable prices. I don't mind outer layer camo.....but everything undernearh can be had alot cheaper in non camo colors.

When's the next big sale? I got gift cards to burn
I would be interested to see.....I was on all the major high end hunting clothing sites for black friday and Kuiu gear was discounted very little.....and the selection was thin.
But if ya got gift cards who cares....it's free to ya anyway.

• Like 1

I would be interested to see.....I was on all the major high end hunting clothing sites for black friday and Kuiu gear was discounted very little.....and the selection was thin.
But if ya got gift cards who cares....it's free to ya anyway.

I saw some big sales this fall, but mid season already I decided to wait. I’ll wait for the next one. 20-40% means free $100 or so on $300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro