I was going to buy their Elements coat , but I’m a large / ex L guy . I have to try stuff on , I’ve bought L that were skin tight and XL that were like tents .

Ended up buying a Nautica “ puffy “ coat that is very rugged , for $40 marked down from $200. Large,  I couldn’t move my arms without fear of ripping shoulder out. XL is nice , ok in the shoulders ,and tailored fit to waist .

That whole size thing Is stupid, I’m 5’9” about 190# 48 inch chest 36 waist no way I should be XL . 

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I was going to buy their Elements coat , but I’m a large / ex L guy . I have to try stuff on , I’ve bought L that were skin tight and XL that were like tents .

Ended up buying a Nautica “ puffy “ coat that is very rugged , for $40 marked down from $200. Large,  I couldn’t move my arms without fear of ripping shoulder out. XL is nice , ok in the shoulders ,and tailored fit to waist .

That whole size thing Is stupid, I’m 5’9” about 190# 48 inch chest 36 waist no way I should be XL . 

Alot of their stuff is athletic cut.  I definitely buy their outer layers in +1 size.  Base and mid layers are a good snug fit in my normal sized.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Larry - I got this email today. Not sure how great the sale is but worth checking. I’ll check later.

c1d2ad8a2565f4b094025b1c50faf91f.png&key=d3ca788447fd2b635e9f93e8b1adc158fe8554a5fdcec4848fa78cec3d4ae048

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's a doodoo sale unfortunately

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

It's a doodoo sale unfortunately

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Indeed.  "Hey, 15% of our Yukon cold/rain gear that is inexplicably in Verde 2.0!  We're totally not just trying to dump stuff we can't sell at full price."

• Like 2

Indeed.  "Hey, 15% of our Yukon cold/rain gear that is inexplicably in Verde 2.0!  We're totally not just trying to dump stuff we can't sell at full price."
I got excited when I saw the women's ultra down pro hooded jacket then it wasn't on sale in men's. Very disappointing

#WeDemandADislikeButton

3 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

I got excited when I saw the women's ultra down pro hooded jacket then it wasn't on sale in men's. Very disappointing

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Wasn't the pro, and I idly contemplated buying it for my wife for Valentines day.  220 is pretty good for that jacket.  She has so many damn jackets though, and the special thing about the KUIU down stuff is that it stays warm even when wet.  Which would be a total waste on her, not an outside lady.  Was hoping they'd have an elements jacket in her size/color on 25-40% off, thats more her speed.

• Like 1

I have two piss poor stories about kuiu and I wouldn't wipe my ass with their clothes again, never mind buy them.

Can you explain more? Product issues or service issues? I have some lightweight KUIU stuff and no issues. But I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of their heavy or expensive stuff. I’m still rocking old whitetail extreme stuff for frigid hunts.

Can you explain more? Product issues or service issues? I have some lightweight KUIU stuff and no issues. But I haven’t pulled the trigger on any of their heavy or expensive stuff. I’m still rocking old whitetail extreme stuff for frigid hunts.

Bought TWO ico pro packs full price. One squeaked like crazy, every step. Tried to rectify via CS, they said to put powdered graphite at the frame bag junction, it worked for like an hour.

Someone else said to wrap the frame at that point with hockey tape. It worked. Fast forward to an elk hunt a month later. Both the strap connectors brake while packing a bull, alone. It was wonderful.

I call CS, send the pack in. They email me and said its not being covered because of the hockey tape/ "you modified the pack." I said bull shit. It has nothing to do with the straps contectors ripping out....back and forth for couple weeks. I finally get squared away and they send the pack back with cob job repair.

I had enough I called again finally got someone higher up then a CS manager. They send me a new pack and send them there Cob job back.

The manager also sends me 20% off code for an order for my trouble.

The fall and winter pass. I am taking my father on moose hunt, his first big game hunt ever. I decide I am going to set him up nicely. I place an order for like 3K of mostly backorder clothes and rain gear. No problem I have months. I get an invoice for like 600 worth of gear that they have in stock and are shipping. The rest is on back order and they advised me couldn't use the code the manager gave me for more then one order. Keep in mind I placed one order and they split it up and sent different invoices. I had enough. I cancelled it.

When the box of like three things came I sent them back unopened for a refund..

I bought him a full set of sitka gear instead.

Also their sizing sucks. I am XL in most everything and 36 waist.

In Kuiu I could be XL or XXXl, and the pants I would have to sometime up size two sizes. The inseam were crazy too... I sold everything and wont touch the shit.

Dad and killed some nice moose and all is well! 13876ec1fa7fbea579a1d321efbcca91.jpg&key=b3fab55448c45890ac0340cee381a8b73446532875085b73d537de7573511cda

f542881c505cd7806dcbaf75f9704f77.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Trial153 said:

Bought TWO ico pro packs full price. One squeaked like crazy, every step. Tried to rectify via CS, they said to put powdered graphite at the frame bag junction, it worked for like an hour.

Someone else said to wrap the frame at that point with hockey tape. It worked. Fast forward to an elk hunt a month later. Both the strap connectors brake while packing a bull, alone. It was wonderful.

I call CS, send the pack in. They email me and said its not being covered because of the hockey tape/ "you modified the pack." I said bull shit. It has nothing to do with the straps contectors ripping out....back and forth for couple weeks. I finally get squared away and they send the pack back with cob job repair.

I had enough I called again finally got someone higher up then a CS manager. They send me a new pack and send them there Cob job back.

The fall and winter pass. I am taking my father on moose hunt, his first big game hunt ever. I decide I am going to set him up nicely. I place an order for like 3K of mostly backorder clothes and rain gear. No problem I have months. I get an invoice for like 600 worth of gear that they have in stock and are shipping. The rest is on back order and they advised me couldn't use the code the manager gave me for more then one order. Keep in mind I placed one order and they split it up and sent different invoices. I had enough. I cancelled it.

In Kuiu I could be XL or XXXl, and the pants I would have to sometime up size two sizes. The inseam were crazy too... I sold everything and wont touch the shit.

Dad and killed some nice moose and all is well! 13876ec1fa7fbea579a1d321efbcca91.jpg&key=b3fab55448c45890ac0340cee381a8b73446532875085b73d537de7573511cda

f542881c505cd7806dcbaf75f9704f77.jpg

Nice moose. My experience with Kuiu customer service is that they'll eventually pull through on their end but you've got to be persistent.

f542881c505cd7806dcbaf75f9704f77.jpg&key=3af10f77601c7fa5cd3eb06c67d538345a68d20b0ef331ee979a3ab807c4edb7

Damn, that does stink.

• 2 months later...

anyone know when the next KUIU sale might be? I'm looking at the Attack Pant and Gudie DCS Jacket for spring turkey and early bow season. Both in verde.

I see 3% through Rakuten. But thought KUIU directly has 20% sometimes?

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

anyone know when the next KUIU sale might be? I'm looking at the Attack Pant and Gudie DCS Jacket for spring turkey and early bow season. Both in verde.

I don't think there's one anytime soon man.  Seen some "outlet" sales since Feb thats about it.  They also don't do the 20% off thing for their real mainline items, but usually attack pants and guide DCS jackets are on that list.

I've got a 15% off your total order coupon burning a hole in my pocket that I got from customer service.  Bought their training beanie, which was listed as "Fleece".  Yeah the thing was a black, thin head condom made of spandex.  There was nothing fleece about it.  And for 20$ it wasn't worth the time/effort of paying the shipping back to them.  I got a hand written note apologizing about it after I wrote the email and the 15% your order coupon afterwards.  They seem to want to avoid any negative reviews, but I still put a bad review on the hat.

Company seems like it's diverged from ultra light mountain gear to mainstream, "what can we make money on now".  I was eyeballing those 

I really like the attack pant +

https://www.kuiu.com/strongfleece-hybrid-260-zip-t-hoodie/40029-V2-XL.html

for Turkey Season last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Call them up ,everything is negotiable .

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Edit : they gave me belated bday 20% off. I’m
Ordered !

Hopefully you'll get your gear in time to make the annual kuiu tickle fight ! Jerkman is the winner 2 years running now.

• Like 1

Hopefully you'll get your gear in time to make the annual kuiu tickle fight ! Jerkman is the winner 2 years running now.
Ahem it's the slap fight and it's actually 4 years running! Get it right sheesh!

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Biz-R-OWorld I'm in trouble, and thought I'd pass this along:

"

KUIU is coming to you! Here's your chance to try on and purchase gear with KUIU team member consultation. Take advantage of an exclusive event-only discount, and opportunities to win free gear. Admission is free, so bring the whole family. Join us at the Connecticut SWAT Challenge and be a part of KUIU Nation!

"

East Granby, CT

Hartford Gun Club

157 S Main St

East Granby, CT 06026

August 17 - 18 8am - 5pm, 8am - 4pm.

CONNECTICUT
SWAT CHALLENGE
East Granby, CT
Hartford Gun Club
157 S Main St.
East Granby, CT 06026