Looking forward to testing the warmth out on these super down pro pants.  Those bibs Ive had for 18 years now....  No cushion left in the crotch, and they get about 10 pounds heavier when they get wet.  If these down pants are as good as advertised, I'll probably double down next summer and get base layer, rain layer, and 2 upper body layers.

Edit:  They DO pack up into their own left pocket, not too hard either.  I'm going to wash em now, and cross my fingers..........

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
Forgot

On 11/10/2019 at 11:08 AM, UpStateRedNeck said:

Looking forward to testing the warmth out on these super down pro pants.  Those bibs Ive had for 18 years now....  No cushion left in the crotch, and they get about 10 pounds heavier when they get wet.  If these down pants are as good as advertised, I'll probably double down next summer and get base layer, rain layer, and 2 upper body layers.

Edit:  They DO pack up into their own left pocket, not too hard either.  I'm going to wash em now, and cross my fingers..........

So.  Pants. 

https://www.kuiu.com/hunting-pants-shorts/super-down-pro-pant/40012-VC-XXL.html

Frigging warm.  This weekend will be the real test, but, warm.  And easy to take on and off.  And throw in your pack.  Definitely didn't need fleece base today.  Taking them off to hike out was like rolling out of a sleeping bag.

4 minutes ago, left field said:

What are these pants designed for - tough enough for hiking in or just meant to sit around in?

Just sitting.  Throw em in your pack, unroll and zip em on, when you start moving again unzip and the whole thing compacts into the left pocket.  Maybe 1/2 the size of a football?

I see the jacket in my future, sometime next year.  If I can have all my sitting gear in my pack, and have it weight about a pound, I'll be much more likely to sit some of my deep woods stands.

5 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If my "Gold" deals are better I can order for you. You too Goose, if you guys stiff me Ill simply hunt your land. At night.

haha, thanks. But i really don't need anything. But it's nice to look and fill the online shopping cart before xing out lol