7 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

The stuff I just bought went on sale and
They refunded
Me the difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah it wasn't so much a question as an exclamation of joy.  Did you call or email?  I sent the email already.  The jacket is a full 100$ off, I think I may just order it.

18 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I replied to an email from back when I ordered originally.

Thanks man!  Side note, if anybody do decides to order from KUIU for the first time, they have a referral system where everybody gets 50$ off a purchase.  So if anybody is thinking of ordering for the first time, PM me your email and I'll send you a referral!

19 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

They refunded
Me the difference

Got an email saying they were doing the same for me.  Like you said, customer for life.  So I ordered the pro down coat!  Hundred bucks off, couldn't pass on it.

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2019 at 7:14 PM, UpStateRedNeck said:

So.  Pants. 

https://www.kuiu.com/hunting-pants-shorts/super-down-pro-pant/40012-VC-XXL.html

Frigging warm.  This weekend will be the real test, but, warm.  And easy to take on and off.  And throw in your pack.  Definitely didn't need fleece base today.  Taking them off to hike out was like rolling out of a sleeping bag.

I'm sure everyone who actually reads this is tired of me singing praises but, review on those pants:

They are really good.  I don't think they're as warm as say, Sitka incerator bibs.  I don't think you're going to find a warmer pant for the weight though.  I was pretty cold Saturday, was starting to shiver when after 4 hours in 15 degrees with a steady north wind.  That still feels like one of the coldest days I've ever sat.  Part of it was my feet.

So if you're looking for something absolutely as warm as possible, bibs are obviously the way to go.  If you're looking for something real warm and weighs 8 ounces, that you can pack a mile uphill, I highly recommend.  Hopefully late season I get a chance to test the down jacket + pants combo.  I know for cold they recommend the rain/ wind stopper on top of that, which I'll get next year.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 1:33 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Actually I searched more and found Terramar merino wool and I believe it’s the exact same shirt but $20 cheaper. It’s on its way

UPDATE: I washed this and threw it in the dryer like an idiot but lo and behold it did not shrink even a little bit. I wore it all weekend in low teen temps and liked it a lot

• Like 1

5 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

I'm sure everyone who actually reads this is tired of me singing praises but, review on those pants:

They are really good.  I don't think they're as warm as say, Sitka incerator bibs.  I don't think you're going to find a warmer pant for the weight though.  I was pretty cold Saturday, was starting to shiver when after 4 hours in 15 degrees with a steady north wind.  That still feels like one of the coldest days I've ever sat.  Part of it was my feet.

So if you're looking for something absolutely as warm as possible, bibs are obviously the way to go.  If you're looking for something real warm and weighs 8 ounces, that you can pack a mile uphill, I highly recommend.  Hopefully late season I get a chance to test the down jacket + pants combo.  I know for cold they recommend the rain/ wind stopper on top of that, which I'll get next year.

Do you think theyll hold up to thorns, brambles etc? 

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Do you think theyll hold up to thorns, brambles etc? 

The down stuff?  Nope.  Wouldn't wear em walking anyway, would be a fast way to get sweated up quick.  Purely for warm while sitting.  I like the idea of in warmer temps like 40, being able to wear a light layer in then just throwing these on and being toasty.

28 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

The down stuff?  Nope.  Wouldn't wear em walking anyway, would be a fast way to get sweated up quick.  Purely for warm while sitting.  I like the idea of in warmer temps like 40, being able to wear a light layer in then just throwing these on and being toasty.

So theyre like breakaway pants and you pack them in to your stand then put them on?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/12/2019 at 9:47 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

They refunded
Me the difference

FYI this just happened again :  Something went on sale the week after I ordered.  I was on the phone for all 2 minutes to get it fixed. 

As opposed to the 30+ minutes I tried to contact bass pro about something a month ago, and did not ever hear back from them.

My KUIU wardrobe keeps increasing, and I feel no shame about it whatsoever.  I want to wear their stuff around the house / outside, nevermind just hunting.

• Like 1