Used the soft shell and pants this morning. All worked well but definitely needs a few more layers if it gets colder. 

What to do about back tag? There no way I’m piercing the back of this jacket with that huge pin. Back of cap seems ridiculous. A built-in tab to hang a tag from would be a nice addition. 

1 hour ago, left field said:

Used the soft shell and pants this morning. All worked well but definitely needs a few more layers if it gets colder. 

What to do about back tag? There no way I’m piercing the back of this jacket with that huge pin. Back of cap seems ridiculous. A built-in tab to hang a tag from would be a nice addition. 

Mine is usually  in my pack. 

I haven’t worn a back tag in 20 years for that very reason. Its in a window pocket on my backpack. I’ll pay that ticket if it ever happens

(When Biz sees this he will want me banned for life)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was good on size though I doubt I could get heavy layers underneath. I’ve used it over a base layer, thermal fleece, and light down jacket and there was plenty of freedom to move. 

Just got back from a two hour stalk in a light then heavy rain. The gear performed well. Water beaded all over the jacket but no penetration as I could tell. Busting through the brush pushed the water into the pants, but still no penetration to the inner fleece. I stayed dry. 

Went through a few bramble patches and the pants and jacket didn’t snag at all. 

Still unsure about the Verde 2.0, specifically the amount of green. While there’s still green in the ground when I look up all I see is grey and brown. Could be overthinking that. 

As I mentioned earlier, I would love an inner waist tab for extra support, larger pants pocket openings and a tab in the yoke where I could  attach a back tag holder. 

This is my first hunting specific gear so I can’t really compare it to anything else but I’m happy with the purchase. 

590DB928-CED0-44EF-AEA7-3A8FFBAAF16B.jpeg

08CE918E-085C-48EF-8DDC-33F3B27F20E5.jpeg

Edited by left field

I think I said this already, but I sent back my guide set, and ordered the same pants as Biz.  Talus Hybrid.

Guide stuff seemed light, and didn't really work with a layering system I wanted to build up.  Haven't gotten my refund yet, I think I mailed the stuff back 9 days ago.

Going to wear the Talus pants tomorrow all day, probably with a medium base layer since it looks like it will be on the upper 40s all day.  Waiting on the Kenai Ultra jacket to come back in stock, think it will make a great outer layer for early season sits, and a warm as hell mid layer for late season.  Won't wear it while walk and stalking during gun.

I haven’t worn a back tag in 20 years for that very reason. Its in a window pocket on my backpack. I’ll pay that ticket if it ever happens

Mine is clipped to backpack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upon RECEIPT of this news, Biz will have a heart attack, prompting a strict RECEIVAL of a ban notice to your door.

RECEIVAL could be acceptable but since we beat the Redcoats a few years back, we do not need to follow the Brits acceptable word usage rules. Cheerio!

• Like 1

Upon RECEIPT of this news, Biz will have a heart attack, prompting a strict RECEIVAL of a ban notice to your door.

RECEIVAL could be acceptable but since we beat the Redcoats a few years back, we do not need to follow the Brits acceptable word usage rules. Cheerio!

It’s a perfectly cromulent word.

I think I said this already, but I sent back my guide set, and ordered the same pants as TC.  Talus Hybrid.

Guide stuff seemed light, and didn't really work with a layering system I wanted to build up.  Haven't gotten my refund yet, I think I mailed the stuff back 9 days ago.

Going to wear the Talus pants tomorrow all day, probably with a medium base layer since it looks like it will be on the upper 40s all day.  Waiting on the Kenai Ultra jacket to come back in stock, think it will make a great outer layer for early season sits, and a warm as hell mid layer for late season.  Won't wear it while walk and stalking during gun.

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Burr resistant is VERY important to me. My spots are a nightmare

You should be happy with that aspect then.  I needed to throw my light coat on my legs this morning to warm up.  Lighter base layer underneath.  Sub freezing probably need fleece under and bibs for a sit.  Makes me want the ultra down pants.