Sportsman’s warehouse to Buy 8 field & stream stores

rob-c

Just heard this on my local news, our local store will be one bought by sportsman’s warehouse. I haven’t been in the F&S since their crap they pulled. It will be nice to have a large sporting goods retailer that supports the second amendment that I can support with my cash. 

Looks like the Henrietta store also .. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

Just heard this on my local news, our local store will be one bought by sportsman’s warehouse. I haven’t been in the F&S since their crap they pulled. It will be nice to have a large sporting goods retailer that supports the second amendment that I can support with my cash. 

Saw that on the news this morning! Like you, I haven't been to Dick's or Field and Stream since their BS. Excited for this new store!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rob-c said:

Henrietta would be awesome!

• Like 1

Here is the article --------

Dick’s sells Field & Stream in Henrietta

From Staff Reports

Rochester Democrat and Chronicle USA TODAY NETWORK

Pittsburgh-based Dick’s Sporting Goods announced plans earlier this week to sell eight Field & Stream stores to Utah-based Sportsman’s Warehouse Holdings Inc.

The eight Field & Stream stores includes the Henrietta location at The Marketplace Mall, according to paperwork filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. The sale is expected to close Oct. 11. Sportsman’s Warehouse said in a press release that it was purchasing the stores for $28 million. The other locations, according to SEC documents, are Washington, Altoona, and Camp Hill, Pennsylvania; Horseheads; Greensboro and Asheville, North Carolina; and Troy, Michigan.

“This acquisition is consistent with Sportsman’s strategy to return to a more typical store growth pattern, following a period of investment in omnichannel capabilities, technology, and debt reduction over the last two years,” Sportsman’s Warehouse said in a release.

Sportman’s Warehouse, which bills itself as the largest outdoor specialty store in the western United States and Alaska, is based in Midvale, Utah, and already has 95 locations. That business began in 1986 in Utah.

Sportman’s Warehouse CEO Jon Barker said this was “an opportunistic expansion.”

“Each of these stores operate in strong markets, with well-established customer bases,” Barker said in a release. “We look forward to serving these communities with our continued strong commitment to provide outstanding gear and exceptional service to inspire outdoor memories.”

Dick’s began in 1948 in Binghamton and currently has 727 locations across the country. The business also owns Golf Galaxy. The Henrietta Field & Stream location opened in 2014

See what happens when a CEO is an idiot that runs his mouth and takes actions which alienate a large chunk of their clientele? Im looking forward to the new store, Ill have somewhere to go locally other than just Runnings again.

Oh, and F you Dicks, you reap what you sow. Ill still never visit a DSG store again. I cant wait to watch your company go out of business, thats where its headed. Bunch of asshats.

• Like 7

great news for a local option. I was just looking online at their products and pricing. Looks like they carry quit a bit. I'll have to see how sale prices are but regular pricing didn't look all that great from a few of the items I have just bought. But for a "gotta have it right now" when price isn't a deterrent, they look about like Field and Stream pricing. 

• Like 1

Who says sportsmen don't have power? When politicians from the left, and corporate jerk off's, try to stomp on our  2nd amendment rights, we can kick back! When we stick together, our numbers are many, and our will can be strong. 

When I think of the cash I used to spend in Dicks, over the course of a year. And times it by hundreds of thousands of other sportsmen, nation wide, who also decided to boycott Dicks. It has to have made a big financial dent in their bottom line. Good!!

I have ordered a couple things from S W over the last couple years and found them good to deal with.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Went today, I’m sure many of you have already gone . It seems all they did was change the sign from Field and Stream , same lay out same products . Smart wool socks were bogo , and 9mm ammo was cheap but I got ammo cans of it , knife prices were a bit high .

They have a good Sitka gear selection, found out I need  XL , at 5’9” 190# ,  L was way to tight in the arm pits and shoulders .

Lots of Nomad clothes , so that’s a plus .

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Went today, I’m sure many of you have already gone . It seems all they did was change the sign from Field and Stream , same lay out same products . Smart wool socks were bogo , and 9mm ammo was cheap but I got ammo cans of it , knife prices were a bit high .

They have a good Sitka gear selection, found out I need  XL , at 5’9” 190# ,  L was way to tight in the arm pits and shoulders .

I'd have hoped for a better review....damn.

2 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Same with the  Horse heads store, looked identical inside. But they do seem to be getting more things in as they go. 

Any review or thoughts on the Nomad gear? Was looking at it the other day....dit seemed true to size.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Was hoping the same when i went in a few weeks ago.was expecting a big change and didnt see it.

Yeah when I went it was anticlimactic. Same store really and they were trying to sell the field and stream branded items for a whopping 10% off, big deal. Just like most stores rarely do they have anything in my size, especially ua. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goosifer said:

My hope is that they will change the store layout and inventory over time.  In the meantime, do they have a order online,  free ship to store option?

I'll have to check out their website. This is good news.

They do...