Sportsman’s warehouse to Buy 8 field & stream stores

rob-c

I visited the Henrietta store today. They had Field & Stream clothing at 50% off MSRP. More interesting, they had many tree stands 25% off. I picked up some Hawk Big Denali 20' treestands for $155. I am wary of the mesh seats, which all treestands seem to be going to, but it generally gets good reviews. Other than that, nothing notable in the way of clearance or sales.

Edited by goosifer

1 hour ago, goosifer said:

. I am wary of the mesh seats, which all treestands seem to be going to, but it generally gets good reviews

I have three large ladders and one medium one with those mesh seats / chairs . They’ve all held out great, ok one the stitching failed, a known defect in a batch  and they ( different brand ) sent me two replacement seats , a ton of leaf wraps, and some hang on pouches .

I really like them ,in cold weather use a large seat cushion , the air goes right through the mesh .

• Like 1

Just now, Nomad said:

I have three large ladders and one medium one with those mesh seats / chairs . They’ve all held out great, ok one the stitching failed, a known defect in a batch  and they ( different brand ) sent me two replacement seats , a ton of leaf wraps, and some hang on pouches .

I really like them ,in cold weather use a large seat cushion , the air goes right through the mesh .

I have a green foam seat cushion I've used for the past several years. It's starting to look a little ragged around the edges, and won't fully decompress anymore. I will keep my eye out for a deal in the offseason. The ThermaSeats sound nice, as recommended in a recent thread.

Got an email from them today and they have a killer deal on a pistol I’ve been wanting. To bad I’d have to drive 4 hours and 34 min just to get it. Home to Rochester then Rochester to Erie county pistol department then back to Rochester and home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

Got an email from them today and they have a killer deal on a pistol I’ve been wanting. To bad I’d have to drive 4 hours and 34 min just to get it. Home to Rochester then Rochester to Erie county pistol department then back to Rochester and home

Could you buy it online and have it shipped to an Erie county FFL? Might be worth it to save on the time and gas.

Or maybe try to get a Cabela's to price match.

Edited by goosifer

Might as well buy yourself 2 for all that trouble...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Moho81 said:

$200 bucks cheaper,  so that works out to around $50 hr. Might as well make a day of it and get lunch etc. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, goosifer said:

I visited the Henrietta store today. They had Field & Stream clothing at 50% off MSRP. More interesting, they had many tree stands 25% off. I picked up some Hawk Big Denali 20' treestands for $155. I am wary of the mesh seats, which all treestands seem to be going to, but it generally gets good reviews. Other than that, nothing notable in the way of clearance or sales.

i love the mesh seats and that's all we buy now. No frozen snow and ice build up or wet butt cushions. Easier to fold up and lean against a tree too.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

i love the mesh seats and that's all we buy now. No frozen snow and ice build up or wet butt cushions. Easier to fold up and lean against a tree too.

That's the rub. I took a closer look at the reviews, and these mesh seats don't fold up, so you can't lean against the tree, and the area for your feet is small. I assume that was a way for the manufacturer to cut weight and cost. Some reviews state that as long as you are not a bow hunter (which I'm not), it's not a big deal. I bought 3. I guess at this point I will set one up next year and see how I like it. I will admit, it did get a lot of good reviews on various websites, so I'm hopeful it will work out.

5 minutes ago, goosifer said:

That's the rub. I took a closer look at the reviews, and these mesh seats don't fold up, so you can't lean against the tree, and the area for your feet is small. I assume that was a way for the manufacturer to cut weight and cost. Some reviews state that as long as you are not a bow hunter (which I'm not), it's not a big deal. I bought 3. I guess at this point I will set one up next year and see how I like it. I will admit, it did get a lot of good reviews on various websites, so I'm hopeful it will work out.

None of my many ladder stands have a fold up seat and all have tiny platforms.  Still kill deer from them in archery and gun.  They will work out fine!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Moho81 said:

I wonder if you can get it put on at the Monroe county clerks office ?

EDIT : per MC pistol permit office , nope ! 

I bought a Glock under the Blue Label program from  a shop in Bergin, 45 minutes away ,then back to MC permit office ,back to Bergin, back to home . My savings was $100 and change , a good three plus hours . Depends how much time you have I guess .

Edited by Nomad

21 hours ago, Moho81 said:

what is it? I want to scoop it up from under you!