Letchworth

DanielT

Hunted by castile entrance a few years back non safety zone and safety zone (by permit) ... tons of deer in the safety zone tons of buck but was doe only zone.   A few friends had great luck left of the castle entrance but its been years.  The non safety zone was to the left and safety was to the right.... alot of deet in that park.  But the deer seem to know the zones even tho they were separated by 1 road lol

Edited by mikedagun
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll be out there this weekend and then again from Nov 8-17. We get a cabin every year for almost a decade now. The hunting was much better before they removed the antler restrictions 3 years or so ago. My mil has a few awesome acres packed with deer in Livonia about 20 minutes away so if park is slow or I am lazy I head out there too. 

• Like 1

We have been in cabins for week long bowhunts.... for 19 years now
Love the park...
Meeting other hunters is great too....met Alot of new friends along the way
As cabins circle a common area...and you see their deer and each other for a week...
Even text with a guy from Vermont I met once .....when my buck died right in front of him while he was hunting

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanielT said:

We have been in cabins for week long bowhunts.... for 19 years now
Love the park...
Meeting other hunters is great too....met Alot of new friends along the way
As cabins circle a common area...and you see their deer and each other for a week...
Even text with a guy from Vermont I met once .....when my buck died right in front of him while he was hunting

C cabins?

Wow....was that last year's....fsw?
Look at the spread on that one
And I would he happy with the other one

Yeah. Xbow for the bigger and gun for the 9pt. Great few days for sure. The better part was taking a guy down for his first Xbow harvest. 5464338463e9826ac3c5fb493ca3dd50.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, DanielT said:

Wow....was that last year's....fsw?
Look at the spread on that one
And I would he happy with the other one

I vaguely remember this photo from last year  but if I'm not mistaken there was a big fight on here to do with it, don't remember exactly what it was about now . 

Anyway Awesome racks !!!

Edited by Hunter007

I vaguely remember this photo from last year  but if I'm not mistaken there was a big fight on here to do with it don't remember exactly what it was about now . 
Awesome racks !!!

Lol. There was no fight. Some just could not accept that some of us don't feel the need to plater pictures all over after a harvest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Never fights ....just good old disagreements....
Funny part is ....as much as we all disagree....we still agree on alot....
And check on each other ....its like good friends that you dont have to worry about speaking your peace....
No one has quit yet....lol

• Like 2

I was out two weeks ago to sit the mornings and check some trail cams that had been out all summer. Saw some doe fawn groups through mid morning both days. Lots of red oak acorns this year, no white oak that I've seen.

The river is low so far this fall, lots of deer on trail cams and some nice bucks as usual.
 I hope to be back in the park this coming weekend sun up till sundown.
 Good luck to my Letchworth friends.

>>>------>

• Like 3