Letchworth

DanielT

Prolly asked before, but is this park heavily pressured? It seems such a legend I have a hard time imagining anything other than hundreds of people descending on it each year and flushing all the deer out. Yet somehow that doesn't happen (?).

There's only 1/2 mile on either side of the river to each side of the park. Is it not just car after car?

I'm less than an hour to the northern part of the park.

• Like 1

Prolly asked before, but is this park heavily pressured? It seems such a legend I have a hard time imagining anything other than hundreds of people descending on it each year and flushing all the deer out. Yet somehow that doesn't happen (?).
There's only 1/2 mile on either side of the river to each side of the park. Is it not just car after car?
I'm less than an hour to the northern part of the park.
The park is loaded with hunters and the terrain is steep.....so the deer can get away easily....but alot of the hunters go way down to gorge....which is alot of work.
The deer get mature because they can get away so easy...
But....that being said....I have seen a few beauties hanging this week

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Where did you go four seasons....alot of deer hanging last week....thought I would see your truck somewhere...
Seeing much?

You must have missed it is all. Chris shot that buck there you have a pic of over on the east side bottom. Myself I have a phone full of pics and videos but nothing special. Actually today was the first time a took the X bow off the hook for a keeper buck but he was chasing and only stopped once at maybe 80 yards. Good news is all my Doe tags are filled. Takes a special boy anymore to get to ride in my truck. Might be another 3 year stretch of tag soup. I would be Ok with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Park is Closed now so next year will see many more of the same if it stays closed.

How much did he weigh?
What a brute....I did talk to the guy who shot it....good story......showed him the video of my harvest...
Then another real nice gentleman had a common interest in pse xforce bows...so we chatted...
Great guys....congratulations again to your friend...wow

Lol. Really there are 9 that I can see with Bino's. 7 up and 2 laying down. Hence the reason they get big here. Never get to them. Lol. I have to ask? Do you think the buck was a beast or Chris? Lol.

Lol....both of course

You must have missed it is all. Chris shot that buck there you have a pic of over on the east side bottom. Myself I have a phone full of pics and videos but nothing special. Actually today was the first time a took the X bow off the hook for a keeper buck but he was chasing and only stopped once at maybe 80 yards. Good news is all my Doe tags are filled. Takes a special boy anymore to get to ride in my truck. Might be another 3 year stretch of tag soup. I would be Ok with that.

Biz will be that special boy....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So no gun hunting in the park? Is it only bow and a bow seasons?

Park is still open but park road is closed. If it stays closed that will save many a baby buck to get to grow another year. Looks like a warm up coming so it might open back up if the road melts off. They never plow from Perry to Castile.

Park is still open but park road is closed. If it stays closed that will save many a baby buck to get to grow another year. Looks like a warm up coming so it might open back up if the road melts off. They never plow from Perry to Castile.

Gotcha. That cuts of almost the entire West side of the park then.

• Like 1

It was a quiet opener, can't say I heard many shots in the park but hard to tell halfway down the canyon and hats over my ears to stay warm.  I saw one small buck and two hunters. 

It was pretty decent at our end. 3 bucks and 3 does added to the pole. It's starting to get a pretty good load on it.

10 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

It was pretty decent at our end. 3 bucks and 3 does added to the pole. It's starting to get a pretty good load on it.

Way to go on your last day deer in the snow.  Looks like you had fun.

I did hear a fair amount of shooting over in your area yesterday am.

• Like 1