Bear, its what's for dinner

Grizz1219

Mixed 1lb of garlic/cheese bear sausage with 1lb bear burger, smoked them in my Camp Chef till they hit 150 degrees then seared them in cast iron till the hit 165 degrees. First bite I said "Why did I wait so long to hunt them" it was that good. Wife and friend loved them. I didnt add a thing to it, wanted to try it as is. c5c3a7e63a2e7e7e009039954d0d630b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 10

6 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hoping to see that 400#er down.

Showed up again at 3:30am last night

18 minutes ago, Chef said:

Where you live that should be easy enough to fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know where I live...doesnt mean its easy, or I know any others who hunt lol

563FDA0E-5D8A-45FC-A3F2-4AE59052AF03.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, Robhuntandfish said:

He's gotta have a good food source and bedding spot close by.  He feels pretty comfy around there. That's awesome.    

I just wish I knew what I was doing. This bear is truly a dream, I almost want a big bear more than a nice big buck.  All i know is that if I can connect, it will mean that much more.

13 minutes ago, Bionic said:

I just wish I knew what I was doing. This bear is truly a dream, I almost want a big bear more than a nice big buck.  All i know is that if I can connect, it will mean that much more.

He's prob got a path he travels to and from by you .   Maybe look for that trail and basically time over target is prob the best chance.  Gotta think he is bedding down somewhere near there.  That big boy ought to leave some tracks maybe to get an idea of his path at least. Says the guy that's never gotten a bear. Lol but its a thought. Would love to see you get him

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

He's prob got a path he travels to and from by you .   Maybe look for that trail and basically time over target is prob the best chance.  Gotta think he is bedding down somewhere near there.  That big boy ought to leave some tracks maybe to get an idea of his path at least. Says the guy that's never gotten a bear. Lol but its a thought. Would love to see you get him

I don’t know, I appreciate your inspiration directed at me! I just don't feel they travel the same path often enough for us to notice, that is where I struggle.

• Like 1

This bear waited for my wife and I to go to bed, you can see him looking into my living room. The suet feeder he took off my deck I can't touch if I stand where he did, I'm 5'9". Bear has to be a 7 footer, thinking well over 400lbs..   He came back the following spring, I walked him off my property with the watering can in the pic!! Wife was screaming at me, bear was never more than 30 yards from me, popping his jaws and huffing... VERY cool to witness, after that, I kept my DW 41 magnum handy... Chased off 4 other bears that year... No clue what was bringing them in, I took all the feeders down after this bear, they never came back.. 

bear2.JPG

bear1.JPG

• Like 3

On 10/6/2019 at 8:39 AM, Grizz1219 said:

Mixed 1lb of garlic/cheese bear sausage with 1lb bear burger, smoked them in my Camp Chef till they hit 150 degrees then seared them in cast iron till the hit 165 degrees. First bite I said "Why did I wait so long to hunt them" it was that good. Wife and friend loved them. I didnt add a thing to it, wanted to try it as is. c5c3a7e63a2e7e7e009039954d0d630b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have some bear meat left... I think this week I will make bear burgers.  I have been making roasts and stew meat with mine and the occasional bear meat mac n cheese

• Like 1