Mother in law doe

Chef

So I had a interesting conversation with my wife last night. My mother in law passed away 3 years ago on October 10th. I will never forget that weekend. It was also the same weekend we closed on our camp. My mother in law was super excited for us and checked in with us throughout the process. We hunted Saturday with no luck. We knew my mother in law was very sick but did not think the end was this close. We got a call Saturday night that they were thinking of moving her to hospice but she was still fully awake and pretty much acting herself. Sunday morning comes around and pretty early that morning I arrowed a doe, while dressing her we get a call that we need to go that my mother in law is taking a turn for the worse. My wife takes off and I quickly drop the deer at the local butcher before heading down. We get to the hospice and she is still awake and talking and really enjoyed hearing about our first weekend at the new camp and was very excited to hear we even got a deer on the first weekend. My mother in law passed away the next morning on Monday October 10th.

My wife and I were talking yesterday about that day and all the things that have happened since she has gone. Last night my wife asked me to shoot a doe on October 9th the same way I did 3 years ago. I guess I have a mission for this week now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 11