Did anyone else mount their quiver with the arrows pointing down?

BowmanMike

I had my quiver mounted with the arrow tips pointing up and it really threw my bow off balance,so much that i wasn't going to shoot with it attached no matter what. 

I decided to mount it to the bottom.of the bow with the arrow tips pointing down and wow,does that feel better. It is actually so much better that it acts like a rear stabilizer. I don't think i will take it off in the stand either. 

I am shooting a halon x pro and it is a little top heavy,so maybe this doesn't work with every bow,but if you feel your bow feels weird with the quiver on try switching it. I can not believe the difference on mine. It went from a nuisance to a plus.

• Thanks 1

I have seen two piece quivers you can mount that way. If I put my quiver on upside down, it throws off all balance, and the arrows are so high over the bow they catch on everything walking in or out. I rareley shoot with my quiver on the bow, but I always keep the tips pointed up.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

I decided to mount it to the bottom.of the bow with the arrow tips pointing down and wow,does that feel better. It is actually so much better

I think the "up concept" came with the intent of not having the quiver collecting brush, leaves, water, or whatever. It also gives the arrows a way to fall out of the quiver since they are not likely to fall up in your scenario.:prankster:

Interesting concept.

• Thanks 1

Compound and Xbow I never attach quiver. It’s my backpack when I walk around and when I sit to hunt I lay it next to me. Idk how anyone shoots with one on. I never even tried but just looks distracting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

You using a strap on quiver?

No,a matthews web quiver for 4 arrows that bolts on. It is reversible. It really tipped my bow to the right when i had it mounted on the top right side. I felt like i had to torque my grip too balance the bow,never a good thing. I think i might never take it off now. The difference is crazy,like putting your left boot on the right foot,not that that ever happened to me...

25 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Compound and Xbow I never attach quiver. It’s my backpack when I walk around and when I sit to hunt I lay it next to me. Idk how anyone shoots with one on. I never even tried but just looks distracting

My quiver is on the right side of the bow,i am a right hand shooter. It is completely out of the way of everything.

• Like 1

Years ago, when people first started putting quivers on bows, the broad heads were covered by a snap on hood.  The hood could be removed from the arrows when they were still in the quiver.  Having the broad heads pointing down was a recipe for disaster as they could easily pierce anything they had the occasion to jab into.  It was considered safer to have them pointing up to prevent most injuries.  Apparently, it was a common problem.  I believe today's attached quivers simply followed that rule.  It also seems to be easier for most archers to nock them when they are grabbed with the broad head up.  Today there is a lot more flexibility with quivers, but when recurves were the norm, quivers were mounted with broad heads pointing up in at least 90% of the cases.

The big decision then, was whether to mount the quiver with the arrows on the string side of the bow, or sticking out past the front of the bow.  String side was always preferred for it's compact quality, but sometimes the arrows, or the protective hood, would not fit without hitting the limbs. 

1 hour ago, moog5050 said:

Try shooting bareshafts with quiver on and off.  You will see a difference.  As a general rule, the more weight you add to the bow, the stiffer the arrow reacts.  So tune however you plan to shoot the bow, whether quiver on or off. 

Good thought moog,i haven't shot a bareshaft with it on. Going to see what happens tonight.

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Unnecessary weight tho

More weight let's you hold steadier generally. I dont care about those several ounces difference,my bow is heavy to begin with.