Easton 6MM FMJ Arrows

NYARCHER76

Just have a question ?? I bought these new arrows this week and was wondering the difference between the 5MM and the 6MM. I know the joke will be 1MM, but other then that is there a difference ? Also, does anyone know the correct size for nocturnals ?  The 1’s for the 5MM don’t fit and not sure of the new sizing .

thanks 

On 10/7/2019 at 7:48 PM, Jeremy K said:

They use a different insert on the business end i believe ,the 6 uses a standard shouldered insert and the 5 uses an HIT insert.

i just picked these up in 320 spine. that's music to my ears. i hate HIT inserts but was willing to deal with them buying the FMJ arrows.

Edited by dbHunterNY

• 1 year later...
I'm about to switch to Easton 5mm FMJ. What about the inserts do you hate?
thanks
When I build my arrows I index and spin test them with broadheads even after I've squared up shafts at both ends. It just makes a mess with insert glue and head binding to the shaft. Also I feel when you hit things that are hard it's not as robust of a design to maintain alignment as a traditional insert especially with some insertable replacement blade fixed heads where the blades need something really solid behind them. Traditional inserts in just think protect the end of the carbon fiber shaft better.

I'd be more inclined to go with an outlet vs hit insert.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1