What's this one score?

Lever action

8 minutes ago, Cabinboy said:

Checked my cameras today( they have been out in the woods over a month)and this is what I had along with some small bucks and a lot of does.

056.JPG

Score is.......that buck one..........you....zip......

Hope you make the final point!  Good luck!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Cabinboy said:

Thanks, and if I am fortunate enough to kill him I will have him scored.I agree, think he would score close to 130.

Nice buck, but 130 is stretching it just a tad I think? But regardless of score, I hope you get to lay hands on him!

My feeling has always been, score is just some numbers written on a page. Not the most important aspect when I'm deciding to shoot or not.

Edited by grampy
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Nice buck, but 130 is stretching it just a tad I think? But regardless of score, I hope you get to lay hands on him!

My feeling has always been, score is just some numbers written on a page. Not the most important aspect when I'm deciding to shoot or not.

Well I guess there's only one way to find out, but I'm just excited knowing he's out there.

• Like 1

I scored this myself, granted I am not an official scorer and I did underestimate.  This is about 133 inch  8pt.  To give an idea of what a 130 is roughly.  2010 His G2's are not even close to this, G3's are close and possibly larger, no way those main beams match this buck, thickness is unreal.  Not quite can sized but still thick!  A 130 buck is a stud in most anyone's book, that deer above would need another year to get into the 130 plus range. 

post-2598-131455461322_thumb.jpg

post-2598-13145546497_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Good 2 year olds usually range in the 120 range.  Great food, genetics and little stress and they can go higher especially those 10 points.  To get above the 130 mark most deer need at least 3 years of growth.  In deep woods it is usually 4 years till they get a good rack.  Here is some info. 

Edited by NFA-ADK

if you figure an adult deer's ear is 6", use that to estimate the tine length and beam length. multiple angle pictures sure help in this. Ear tip to ear tip in a relaxed position I figure about 15-16" spread.  if you make an "ok sign with your index finder and thumb that will give you an idea what a 6" circumference measurement looks like. (It's huge and not seen very often). 

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Not to hijack the thread......what type of guess for this guy?3f20671ed6c4580aefebb197249567e1.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

115-120 being generous. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1