I Always Brake for Animals....

But not everyone does I guess. I watched an SUV run this one over this morning on my way to work. Since I was less than a mile from home, I turned around, picked it up & brought it home for a quick skin/gut/rinse/freeze. Now I just need 5 or 6 more for a decent pot of stew. :D

Late for work (again). :rolleyes:

20191009_071445.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I never stop or swerve for squirrel, that's a recipe for dead squirrel. Just go straight and maintain your speed and they will always get out of your way.

Actually, that's what the other driver did and you see the result. I was going slow enough & saw it coming and swerved slightly to avoid it; unless they were playing on their phone they should have seen it dancing in the road & me coming to an almost stop, the speed limit in that stretch is 25 MPH. I know it's only a squirrel, but it sucks that it was nursing & had to go like that.

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Actually, that's what the other driver did and you see the result. I was going slow enough & saw it coming to avoid it, unless they were playing on their phone they should have seen it dancing in the road & me coming to an almost stop, the speed limit in that stretch is 25 MPH. I know it's only a squirrel, but it sucks that it was nursing & had to go like 

I'm gonna keep not hitting them .

1 minute ago, blackbeltbill said:

If, I see a Squirrel crossing, I will slow down if no one is on my back bumper. I have only hit a few Squirrel because, I will give them a Brake if, I can.

See, maintain your speed and they'll act accordingly, I've never hit one in almost 30 years . We have them all over in our neighborhood . Come to think of it maybe that's the factor ,im.always doing 30 when the run out ,maybe a higher speed would get them . 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

other day I had 1.5 hour drive home from hunting. there were hundreds and hundreds of wooly bear caterpillars crawling across the road and did my best not to hit them

On wet nights our road near my house is covered in jumping frogs. I swerve around them and I hate it when I run the little buggers over.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

No joke>>>Reminds me of the one afternoon i was one my way home from work coming around back of airport and there layed a dead deer with candle's lit around it.had to do a double take,thought i was seeing it wrong!!

Those were road flares. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I took the head off a possum the other night. Not a pretty sound or feeling but I’m pretty sure he saw his reflection and wanted to end it. He was laying in the road...when i got closer, he stood on his hind legs and kissed his ass goodbye. Sorry little buddy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took the head off a possum the other night. Not a pretty sound or feeling but I’m pretty sure he saw his reflection and wanted to end it. He was laying in the road...when i got closer, he stood on his hind legs and kissed his ass goodbye. Sorry little buddy

"HHHHHHSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHH" *CRUNCH*

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, crappyice said:

oil pan him?     they call 'em grinners as they're still smiling straddling the double yellow line