New guy from Orleans County

MurrayHunter

Hi there... been waiting a long time to join this forum..I finally got approved!!. I hunt in Orleans County and I'm looking to hunt a little in the Iroquois National Wildlife refuge. I'm 49 and I've been hunting basically all my life but I'm finally making the switch to hunting mobile after years of sitting in ladder stands and mostly shooting does. Looking forward to learning a lot here. Thanks for letting me post!!

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Welcome.  What is your mobile set up?   Climber, hang on, saddle?

I've got a summit climber and I also have a hang on stand with some old gorilla climbing sticks.. if I like this style, I'll probably upgrade to lone wolf or XOP next year .

• Like 1

13 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

Welcome. I use to frequently visit Groth Road quite often years ago.  Don't forget about the Alabama Swamp area. Some great deer hunting there too.

I live a few miles from Groth Rd.. Alabama swamps look great! Trying to figure out what is public, etc...I did a little scouting in INWR this summer so I'll probably hit that at least one or two sits.. I have some access to good hunting near home and a little patch that looks great outside Holley!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BowmanMike said:

Welcome,and nothing wrong with shooting does. I like to eat. Being mobile is fun of you don't have to carry 50# of equipment. My climber is on the heavy side and limits how far in i am willing to go. Keep us posted about what you learn!

Will do..still plan to put some doe in the freezer.. I'd just like to up my game to get on more bucks.. doesn't need to be huge..my theory is any buck is a trophy buck.