2019 Rut Observations And Activity.

grampy

OK, the time of the year all deer hunters look forward to, is going to start to ramp up soon!!!  Whitetail Rut !

Post here, any rutting observations and activity you see while out and about.

It is always very interesting to see and hear, what others are seeing locally, and across the state of New York, with the rutting activity being observed.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Pre-rut chasing folks. Rut is a lockdown.

Id say that rut i when the does are actually ready, and if you have one near you youre in for a wild ride. One buck may have her locked down but others will be around acting stupid. If you dont have that doe near you its a ghost town

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Pre-rut chasing folks. Rut is a lockdown.

Yes Biz you're right................. 

But for all intentional purposes, I think you know what I'm pointing out.

I found a bunch of rubs and a couple scrapes that were very fresh last Saturday. 

• Like 1

8G-Found another nice rub today.just as i suspected they r crossing creek and onto neighbors property to bed in the thick chit!got a little sheep trail workin.have a ladder stand there thats beat.hate changing things this time of season but going to replace the one thats there.few scrapes opened up aswell. Spike and maybe 5pt ive been seeing checking the mock scrape,pics suck!

20191013_095535.jpg

20191013_094645.jpg

WGI_0003.JPG

WGI_0004.JPG

I read a NY article talking about 2019 not being like 2017&2018. 

2017 and 2018 had 2-prong chasing- one early around halloween and then late november. 

Whereas, 2019 will be a shorter burst but much more noticeable activity. It mentioned 11/12 and how the gun season is only 4 days from that on 11/16.