2019 Rut Observations And Activity.

grampy

4K. Have been seeing rubs and scrapes for a couple weeks now. Saw two small bucks sparring last weekend. Saturday I saw 9 doe. Even watched one nurse which I have never seen before. I would have thought the fawns would be weened by now. I saw two small bucks that paid the doe no mind. I also saw a beautiful 8 pt that I missed shooting over his back. I have not witnessed any seeking or chasing yet. 

• Like 1

Came home from work yesterday and saw a giant standing on my neighbors lawn at 4:30 in the afternoon. I’ve been here for 8 years and that was the biggest buck that I’ve ever seen in my neighborhood. Also the bigger than anything that I’ve had on cam this year. He didn’t have that dopey look yet but it’s nice to see them starting to move during the day. Temps drop here on Saturday. Should be a great coming week. 

Over the weekend out in 8H with moog, we saw a bunch of bucks running doe. I saw one of the biggest bucks I've ever seen in the woods checking a doe, that still had her fawn with her on Saturday. Next  day I jumped the fawn bedded by itself by the stand. 

Going to work this morning in 4H I saw two small bucks running a doe. This weekend, with cooler temps moving in should really be good for deer movement! 

Go to your pinch points and funnels guys!!!  The next two to three weeks are gonna be good!! 

• Like 5

88a148e54f25236338ae82cfa8904cbd.jpg

Here’s a horizontal rub on a fallen striped maple (I can only load one photo at a time) that some deer friggin destroyed. That bark is on top of the leaves, so it’s the last couple of days, I’m guessing.

In the prior post photo, given the leaf fall here, I’d say that scrape was made this morning.

Also saw a spike buck chase after a doe yesterday morning around 9:00 am.

All in 4L.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

While driving east on thruway today saw a really nice buck chasing a doe. This was just west of exit 45 I think? It was in a field south of thruway right by the unique concrete bridge overpass with the grass that grows on the sides. I think it is Route 64 underpass. 

8F; rubs and scrapes starting to pop up. Saturday neighbor took a 4Pt that had been sparring with another buck. Daytime buck activity seems to be increasing as Saturday I passed on a medium 8Pt that walked by my stand. Last night chase phase seems to be ramping up hearing  buck snorts and chasing from the stand

Big buck pushing a doe and a fawn across local roads off 22 in Brewster tonight. Looks like action in southern tier is picking up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

2 bucks hanging together tonight while a little lady followed them - she never came near me as they walked right on my Evercalm trail and right under me.
3S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big fork chasing a doe back and forth between my yard and neighbors yard in dark and pouring rain this AM. 3G region.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Save it for Saturday - Monday for me. Today and tomorrow should be crazy wind.

Zone 3S - trying to take a week off work to hunt the rut. What would folks prefer if given the choice? 11/2-11/10 or 11/9-11/17?
This morning saw a nice 8 point feeding in daylight - about 8am.

Nice what part of Westchester? I’d say 11/2