2019 Rut Observations And Activity.

grampy

After a flurry of buck activity a couple weeks ago ALL deer activity has been pretty slow here in the hilltowns of 4H over the last week. Doe's still with fawns and feeding alone for the most part. Looking for a BIG change this coming week! Have not seen any SERIOUS rut activity yet here. Just some bucks cruising alone.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

First chasing I have seen all season today and hard chasing. And then a big buck in an open field on the way home 80 yards from the road at high noon speaks rut to me. 

Hell yeah Rob i had a giant walk right past one of my cams on Tuesday at 1230pm and made a huge scrape. The cam is about 300 feet behind my friends house lol. Hoping he comes by again this weekend...

• Like 1

I saw 12 does yarded up in 3M.   They are ready for winter.   I can't imagine there being any rut if does are herded up on opening day.     and I have  seen doe yarded up on opening day.    Usually last week of rifle..

I rang the guys bell, and asked him if I can take a doe.   He told me to F- off.  Nasty  nasty  man, waving his arms.      Pine Bush, off exit 119.   Corner house, with a big grass pasture.   The pasture was at least 4 acres, and loaded with doe.

Slow yesterday AM , but we watched a small field as my hut there has heat,and my daughter gets cold .Camera there showed bucks after does there a Thursday AM .

On stand in the afternoon in the woods, deer on their feet from 2:30 , bucks with does, lots of rutting activities.

8H

On 11/15/2019 at 1:27 PM, greg54 said:

Anybody seeing any activity in 9a?

On Wednesday I saw a buck chasing a doe in 9A. Over the past five days, me or a hunting partner saw 4 does and 4 small bucks. Only saw a buck and doe combo once, on Wednesday. I am holding out hope that the rut in 9A is a week or two behind the more central parts of NY because of the relatively warmth of Lake Ontario. Hunting pressure-wise, this weekend was pretty tame, so I don't think the deer have gone into nocturnal mode because of hunting pressure. I guess we'll have a better idea over the next week or so if my later rut theory is correct.

Haven’t been on in a few days. Last week was on the slow side for buck movement. On Friday things really seemed to pick up. I started getting numerous daytime pics of bucks again, with a few mature bucks that I haven’t seen in a while. The last 3 days it appears that the biggest bucks are out of lockdown and are on the move again looking for one last doe to breed. It appears that we have now entered the post rut phase, at least from what I’ve been seeing.