10/10 card pull

Red

My buck tag is already filled for bow season. Early next week I'm going to spread some winter rye in this area in hopes to get him with the muzzle loader.

Gman was telling me about the winter rye last weekend and planted some in front of the tower stand that we built this summer. I was amazed at how quick it germinated and figured I have to do a quick plot where this buck is living.

• 3 months later...

I forgot to post this story during deer season.  The saturday after the gun opener I took a nice 4pt out of the same stand where these trail cam pics were taken.  I shot the 4pt in the morning took it home showed the kids dropped the deer off to the butcher then went back to sit the same stand for the last 90 minutes of the evening. With no buck tag left   15-20 minutes before last legal shooting light that big 9pt buck came strolling down my main trail got to 20 yards away looked up at me and all I could do is watch as he turned around and went the way he came. 

It was really cool to see him in person and that close hopefully next year I'll see him when I still have a buck tag.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1