Don't use this Archery Pro Shop!!!!!!

Noodlerod

I want to wish everyone luck this weekend, but I had to put a up rant regarding the services that I received at Creekwood Archery.  I took my Hoyt up there back in early August for a tune up and new string.  Total cost at $163.  Fair price after talking with close friends.  Have shot the bow probably 4-5 times per week since then in preparation for this season.  As I stated in an earlier post, I shot a deer on Sunday pm and didn't recover.  So naturally, i got the bow out and started shooting Monday after work.  6 arrows, dead on a 25 yards.  Shoot Tuesday with the same results.  Grab the bow Wednesday after work and after shooting 2 arrows i got to set my release and the serving on the cable has let go.  I call the pro shop and he tells me to bring in.  So i take it Thursday after work and he said he can have it done by Friday pm.  He SAYS he will reduce the price of setup and only charge me $25 for that!  Okay...... Two months on a new string and you indicate that your going to charge me to make a repair on a new material YOU provided and YOU installed.  So I stop by today after work to pick it up and shoot it, which needed a little adjustment as he had to reset the loop after retying a new serving.  So I go to pay and he tells me that its going to be $53!!!!! to correct a defective product that he provided and installed.  When he indicated the total to me I asked "have you had problems with this happening before on these strings?" His response "We didn't MAKE the string." Oh, i neglected to mention that when i went to pick the bow up in August, my peep site was actually installed UPSIDE down...... Sorry everyone, i just had to vent and voice my extreme displeasure with this shop.  I will be taking my business elsewhere!!!  

Sorry to hear this , but sad part is it happens a lot. This is the eason I learned to work on my own equipment. To bad you were not close I would help you out . Hope you get it fixed and fixed right . 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Noodlerod said:

As I stated in an earlier post, I shot a deer on Sunday pm and didn't recover.  So naturally, i got the bow out and started shooting Monday after work. 

This is your first post........... :scratchhead:

So how did you mention shooting a deer on Sunday? :scratchhead:

• Like 2

Sorry guys, cut and paste from another site. Had to get out the door for my sonson varsity football game tonite. Yeah... had the right wind to hunt one of our properties and things happened just as you hope they would. Got him to stop in the 25 yard lane broadside. Watched the nocturnal fly in slow mow and hit right behind the shoulder or so I thought. Found the arrow and no blood. 6.5 Inches of arrow broken off. Went back the next am and nothing. Shoulder shot..... disappointing. Gotta shoot my bow again Saturday to double check my ranges. Here's a buck I scored on 2 years ago. Haven't got him scored yet. 134 on my tape.  Hopefully the piebald makes it through another season on our lease.

2017 archery2.jpg

20191005_175337.jpg

• Like 4

Sorry guys, cut and paste from another site. Had to get out the door for my sonson varsity football game tonite. Yeah... had the right wind to hunt one of our properties and things happened just as you hope they would. Got him to stop in the 25 yard lane broadside. Watched the nocturnal fly in slow mow and hit right behind the shoulder or so I thought. Found the arrow and no blood. 6.5 Inches of arrow broken off. Went back the next am and nothing. Shoulder shot..... disappointing. Gotta shoot my bow again Saturday to double check my ranges. Here's a buck I scored on 2 years ago. Haven't got him scored yet. 134 on my tape.  Hopefully the piebald makes it through another season on our lease.
421112783_2017archery2.thumb.jpg.061d5abd9687ee50fde72377cc280e51.jpg
20191005_175337.thumb.jpg.8c5f8d607f881c6e81fde64f55245e4c.jpg

Sweet deer...we like to bust some balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, Noodlerod said:

I want to wish everyone luck this weekend, but I had to put a up rant regarding the services that I received at Creekwood Archery.  I took my Hoyt up there back in early August for a tune up and new string.  Total cost at $163.  Fair price after talking with close friends.  Have shot the bow probably 4-5 times per week since then in preparation for this season.  As I stated in an earlier post, I shot a deer on Sunday pm and didn't recover.  So naturally, i got the bow out and started shooting Monday after work.  6 arrows, dead on a 25 yards.  Shoot Tuesday with the same results.  Grab the bow Wednesday after work and after shooting 2 arrows i got to set my release and the serving on the cable has let go.  I call the pro shop and he tells me to bring in.  So i take it Thursday after work and he said he can have it done by Friday pm.  He SAYS he will reduce the price of setup and only charge me $25 for that!  Okay...... Two months on a new string and you indicate that your going to charge me to make a repair on a new material YOU provided and YOU installed.  So I stop by today after work to pick it up and shoot it, which needed a little adjustment as he had to reset the loop after retying a new serving.  So I go to pay and he tells me that its going to be $53!!!!! to correct a defective product that he provided and installed.  When he indicated the total to me I asked "have you had problems with this happening before on these strings?" His response "We didn't MAKE the string." Oh, i neglected to mention that when i went to pick the bow up in August, my peep site was actually installed UPSIDE down...... Sorry everyone, i just had to vent and voice my extreme displeasure with this shop.  I will be taking my business elsewhere!!!  

So after a couple months in your possession because there was a problem with the serving it's their fault?  

Can you prove it was their fault and not yours?

You didn't put a single arrow through it in those two months did you? (LOL yes you did!) You think you could have possibly nicked it somehow?

I know, it's chump change for a big time archery shop but...........

Edited by Lawdwaz
  • Like 2

On 10/11/2019 at 6:37 PM, Noodlerod said:

On 10/11/2019 at 10:56 PM, Noodlerod said:

2017 archery2.jpg

20191005_175337.jpg

Still confused here. Said you shot a deer on Sunday and didn't recover. Next, you post sorry copy and paste error, and you recovered the buck.

Which is it?

I'm not ball busting. This is more confusing then a stormy thread.

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, DirtTime said:

Still confused here. Said you shot a deer on Sunday and didn't recover. Next, you post sorry copy and paste error, and you recovered the buck.

Which is it?

I'm not ball busting. This is more confusing then a stormy thread.

No need to be confused. He said it was a buck from 2 years ago......

I hope that everyone takes this guys posts (2 as of today and hasn't been back since the day after joining) as just an attempt to disparage the retailer in question.  There is always two sides to a story and in my somewhat humble opinion this is just a guy pissed off and looking to get even with said archery store.

• Like 5

Not sure what to make of this but generally speaking unless i personally  know the guy, I take any complaints with a grain of salt , now if you got 20 guys complaining about this archery place then I would probably listen but One guy  that never even posts anything  here before  don't  think so  . Got to agree with  lawdwaz on this one .  

• Like 1

I do know this guy personally, and you are correct that he put the post on here specifically to complain about Creekwood archery in Hilton. And to make others aware of potential issues there. His post was cut and pasted from Legacy's thread on the Lake Ontario United site, where he goes by Jeffi. He is a frequent contributor to LOU - hence the references to past posts. He is a straight up good sportsman. And his is not he only story I've heard regarding service at that shop, or lack thereof. But from my understanding, the shop is going to close soon anyway; in fact, I was surprised it's still in business. 

As for this potentially being his fault: it is possible. But not likely. Brand new setup with less than 100 arrows through it. Business integrity demands at the very least discussing the issue and compromising on a solution, not simply dictated a price as if they have no responsibility. The bow already had to go back once because the peep sight was not installed correctly the first time. On the other hand, I had service done at Bullzeye down in Bloomfield, and they told me if anything goes South or needs adjusted, bring it back. Shout out to great service. 

18 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I dont think its unreasonable to charge you to re-serve it after two months of shooting, but how did he get to $53 from $25?

You must make more money than me lol. $53 after six weeks of shooting half a dozen arrows a couple times a week on a brand new set up seems over the top IMHO. That'd make for a heck of a yearly bill. I don't know the owner, and I'd never direct a personal comment at someone on a forum like this. I was simply clarifying the original post and posting my opinion on the business's customer service policy. If he truly is selling the business, maybe he figured it doesn't matter anymore. 

16 hours ago, Larry said:

Just to let you know he moves slower than pond water because he's missing part of a leg. 

Not talking about how fast he walks. He does good work, but it's slow. Thanks tho.

Edited by Skillet

2 hours ago, knehrke said:

You must make more money than me lol. $53 after six weeks of shooting half a dozen arrows a couple times a week on a brand new set up seems over the top IMHO. That'd make for a heck of a yearly bill. I don't know the owner, and I'd never direct a personal comment at someone on a forum like this. I was simply clarifying the original post and posting my opinion on the business's customer service policy. If he truly is selling the business, maybe he figured it doesn't matter anymore. 

A lot of things out of the shops control can cause a serving to let go. $25 wasnt unreasonable, that was what he was quoted and then they charged him $53. He hasnt said what the explanation for that was

• Like 2