The legend returns!

WNY Bowhunter

29 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

If he survives the next weekend's chaos...my friends farm currently has a bunch of standing corn which we be the best food source in his area. That will be my best chance if we get hit with cold and snow.

the first couple weeks into gun season and first week before if you have standing corn that's like gold for keeping deer alive if nobody pushes them out of it. i know of some that leave corn for deer and others that don't have room and dryer space and let the ears hang well past ready. latter situation is pretty messed if it's a farmer and the loss isn't something they want or accept but some folks do what they do their way. 

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I hope you get him with the gun. Would be so cool to have such a long history with a buck and then get him

Thanks. I may have a chance if he makes it through opening weekend with all the standing corn on the farm still. We'll see.

Semisneak form...ears back...would look bad ass!

Edited by WNY Bowhunter

5 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Thanks. I may have a chance if he makes it through opening weekend with all the standing corn on the farm still. We'll see.

Semisneak form...ears back...would look bad ass!

For sure. I was originally thinking you could incorporate his sheds. But then I remembered you don't have any. Could do something with all the pics though

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Hopefully you'll be standing over him in October.  Cool story. I chased a deer around for 3 years on our lease.  It was pretty neat to get pics of him every year.  Always wanted to know what happened  to him. 

Should I get pics of him this coming summer/fall it'll be 8 yrs of history on cam...something that I'm sure I'll never repeat with another deer in NY.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Should I get pics of him this coming summer/fall it'll be 8 yrs of history on cam...something that I'm sure I'll never repeat with another deer in NY.

I have to guess that that buck does not chase the ladies much during the rut and doesn’t move much in daylight during gun.  Hope you get a crack at him. 

31 minutes ago, WNY Bowhunter said:

Wow 8 years.  That is incredible. He has a great hiding spot somewhere.  Prob right behind a neighbors house.  Lol

• Like 1