Ever see a deer do this ?

turkeyfeathers

Upon climbing down from stand in evening sit I started walking down the stone / dirt road. I see a big doe cross the road and back again as she sees me. Walk the 250 yards or so and she’s splayed out like Bambi on ice. 14-15 yards and past legal light by mere minutes. She continues to think I can’t see her in opening to field edge. She’s laying there like this for a good 2 minutes thinking I cant see her. She finally flagged her tail and took off. But what a pocket of aim she gave slightly quartering away. So weird to see, never saw a deer do this before. Only spooked at me laughing. I fumbled to get pic but no go 

3235A1A6-8910-4DA8-8341-6C2D7A9158D4.png

• Haha 2

Many moons ago ,I was walking through  the “ gas well field “ and thought I just passed a brown rusty barrel . Then I stopped  and looked back ( a very short distance from it” ) it was a doe standing in a some odd hole who had put her head down I guess in an effort to hide .

It worked I had walked right past her at like 15 feet ! However when I turned back and saw what it really was I shot her .......

I often say if you’re in the woods a lot , you’ll see some weird things .

• Like 1

I've watched a buck lay flat as a bow hunter on the adjoining property walked within 30 yrds of it.  Wasn't in a field though, but rather open hardwoods.  As soon as he passed, the buck went in the direction the hunter came from. Which wasn't in my direction. 

• Like 1