Neck pain while in stand

First-light

I have always had neck pain. This year it git a lot worse. Turning my head really hurts after a few days in stand. Now I had two jolts or something like that from a nerve in my neck. Feels like a baseball bat hit you for a split second. Hunted all last week that was a long stretch but when it gets colder it may get worse. Will see the doctor this week about those jolts. They hit out of nowhere. Someone said its the optical nerve being compressed? 

9 hours ago, JRod 8G8H said:

I'm a chiropractor... I agree go get some xrays from your doctor and then see a good chiropractor with a positive reputation. The chiropractor can even order the xrays. Good luck

So that shot of pain or shock can be for compressed optic nerve? It scared the daylights out of me. The only reason I didn't go to the ER was that I was completely fine in a second or two, just some mild throbbing. 

3 hours ago, First-light said:

So that shot of pain or shock can be for compressed optic nerve? It scared the daylights out of me. The only reason I didn't go to the ER was that I was completely fine in a second or two, just some mild throbbing. 

No the optic nerve is in your brain and comes off of your brainstem. Something is getting pinched it's best to get some xrays and a proper diagnosis first. Get a full work up from someone who understands the spine... Remember xrays do not show nerves or discs only an MRI would

9 hours ago, JRod 8G8H said:

No the optic nerve is in your brain and comes off of your brainstem. Something is getting pinched it's best to get some xrays and a proper diagnosis first. Get a full work up from someone who understands the spine... Remember xrays do not show nerves or discs only an MRI would

Ok got it, thank you so much!