Making a clamp on scope mount

Hunter007

Couldn't find anything stock  to mount a red dot or scope on this new shotgun I bought  didn't want to risk trying to drill or tape it .

So I figured I try and make something to clamp on it .

Came up with this started with some plastic that I heat formed to the shape of the gun then used .05   5052  aluminum bent  it around a pipe that was the same diameter as plastic sandwich it together  I used plastic on inside and a  layer of black duck tape   to keep it  from scratching the gun .  20191013_213523.thumb.jpg.7ead70028bec155815018baa9a6db5b5.jpg

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Is that for slugs? If so it’s not going to hold a zero.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will it hold zero?  not for a  1000 meter   competition for sure  but  60  70 yards  with minimum use,  possibly   I let you know  when I get a chance to test it .

5 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

Is that your 4 lb. shotgun that you plan to shoot 3" slugs through ?

Hold my beer and WATCH THIS  !!…..Hehehehe….

That gun  with beed shoots  slugs low and right  . To get it on the center I have to aim like 1 foot high and 1 foot left .

Its anoyoning and I wouldn't hunt with that type of set up .

2 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

That gun  with beed shoots  slugs low and right  . To get it on the center I have to aim like 1 foot high and 1 foot left .

Neither would I, Stormy...You should try just showing the deer your new scope mount..They may just die laughing and save you some ammo...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Pygmy said:

Neither would I, Stormy...You should try just showing the deer your new scope mount..They may just die laughing and save you some ammo...

Here we go again 

So I should stick with my weatherby?

Or maybe step it up and get one of those blaser rifles  you love so much .  What's  that Model that the bolt flys  out at your  face when you shoot it going to get one of those

Just now, turkeyfeathers said:

Just take it to gunsmith to get drilled n tapped. Not going to cost much and sure they’ll have it back to you in a couple days. That set up is ingenuity indeed but recipe for disaster.  Why take a chance but kudos for trying 

If it don't work I will do that  just like to Tinker with things.

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I'd stick with the Weatherby....You must have me confused with Dinsdale..He's the Blaser guy.... I never laid eyeballs on one except in pictures...

I got a Remington 700 to and a few other Guns by the way .

I bought that thing just to kick around. 

Edited by Hunter007

Will it hold zero?  not for a  1000 meter   competition for sure  but  60  70 yards  with minimum use,  possibly   I let you know  when I get a chance to test it .

Here’s the problem, every scope mount works great until they don’t. Millimeters means inches even at short distances. Ever had to shim a scope? 1 layer of aluminum foil is the difference between not being on paper and being able to zero.

This issue is it’s always the last shot that knocks it off and you’re not going to know until the next one, if you hit the middle of the bullseye at the range put it in the case and the next shots at a deer and it’s 2 ft off ain’t good for the deer.

If you want to tote that stupid gun in the deer woods just remember to use Kentucky windage, been used for hundreds of years and it’s a hell of a lot more reliable that what ever that abortion that you have that red dot sitting on.

• Haha 1

How many slug and choke “if it is threaded for chokes” combos have you tried? It’s very very rare that you can’t find a combo that will get you damn close.

Now I know you’re going to have an excuse about cost or time at the range or something else but when you pay 100$ for a new shotgun this is the stuff you have to deal with, hell it can even happen to good shotguns I have a 1300 Winchester that will not shoot rifled slugs had to get a riffled choke for it.

4 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

Here’s the problem, every scope mount works great until they don’t. Millimeters means inches even at short distances. Ever had to shim a scope? 1 layer of aluminum foil is the difference between not being on paper and being able to zero.

This issue is it’s always the last shot that knocks it off and you’re not going to know until the next one if you hit the middle of the bullseye at the range put it in the case and the next shots at a deer and it’s 2 ft off ain’t good for the deer.

If you want to tote that stupid gun in the deer woods just remember to use Kentucky windage, been used for hundreds of years and it’s a hell of a lot more reliable that what ever that abortion that you have that red dot sitting on.

You could be right  not  using it for  deer .

Just my little experiment  :)

5 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

How many slug and choke “if it is threaded for chokes” combos have you tried? It’s very very rare that you can’t find a combo that will get you damn close.

Now I know you’re going to have an excuse about cost or time at the range or something else but when you pay 100$ for a new shotgun this is the stuff you have to deal with, hell it can even happen to good shotguns I have a 1300 Winchester that will not shoot rifled slugs had to get a riffled choke for it.

The first thing when I went to pick that up is ask  if they  had a gunsmith to drill and tap the thing the guy said no and didn't even know one  around that does that anymore .

I asked the  manufacturer if it could be drilled and tapped they said yes .

But figure I experiment with it just for fun . 

Not using that for deer like that .

Edited by Hunter007