Making a clamp on scope mount

Hunter007

Scary. Glad your not going to hunt with it ! I'd be concerned something was going to break, like the mount, the scope or maybe your face. I can appreciate your redneck invention but some things are meant for the pros, especially when there's so much potential for an accident.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Hey Stormy, if that doesn't hold zero for you, here's an idea that should lock it in nicely...

gunsmithingfail1.jpg

Not  pleasing to the eye .

Mine looks cool at least even if after about 15 shots its  loosing up on me  took it out this morning and shot some #6  bird shot out of it  at 25 yards  even after 15 shots it still was hitting  at my target  what I was aiming  would have been dead  then I noticed it coming loose ..  I new it would eventually 

Was a fun    experiment  

Next I may try using the 2 bolts  that hold part of the  stock to mount something  on it .

That is if I don't find a gunsmith  first to  drill and tap it asp .

Fun fun fun 

:)

11 minutes ago, Hunter007 said:

Btw Any of you guys  no the exact spot and  depth  i need to drill on that  shotgun I may drill and tap it myself buckmaster 

As another wise man said.....

Just don't.

Simple to they eye ,but much more than meets the eye. Google  " Gunsmiths near me" and start making phone calls. Money wisely spent. There is nothing like goofing with poor sights to wound an animal, any animal because you are impatient or too prideful.  "Close enough" sucks. Firearms and ammunition is one area that there is no excuse for not doing things right the first time. 

53 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Do you have a Bridgeport at your disposal? Use a flat bottom tap.

And post progress pics!

Yes I have drill press and vise  that locks down in place 

But Still unless I get exact measurements exactly  the right spot on receiver or Barrel to drill  and how deep not touching it.

Going to contact the manufacturer for  guidance  and ask if they can do it or recommend someone near me .

Or use the 2 bolts that already go through that stock and make a bracket that attaches to them .

Thanks for the comical remarks much   enjoyed  :)

Here another one for you 

images.jpeg-9.jpg