Archery hunting new york

Tyler9550

Hi I’m from PA and been hunting New York on a family land up thier for past 4 years , I’m 24 and never got into archery but last year have , started archery hunting PA and when I went to order my NY tags this year I asked for archery tags as well and the girl said I don’t have the required course to get archery tags or something like that , as far as I’ve researched it seems I need to take a NY bow class ? In pa I’ve taken my hunter Ed witch was all that is needed for any hunting really in PA , it got me my NY tags as well but seems I’m having trouble getting NY archery tag , is thier any way around it or any advice is appreciated thank you . 

if you show your PA combination license it gets you NY bow tags. We have our kids take the pa hunter safety classes and they only have to take one instead of both classes here in NY, it also covers Trapping in PA. 
That's interesting.....and a great idea.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been bowhunting since 1978 and never took an archery course. When I moved to NY from PA in '87 I simply showed my PA tags and was able to get NY tags. I believe it is still the same, if you have a previous archery license from NY or any other state, you will not need to take a course. 

I'm from PA and took an online course 3 years ago to get my NY archery license. I'm pretty sure the course I took was through bowhunter-ed.com and cost like $30 or something. The downside was there were time limits for each page, so you couldn't skip through the easy stuff. I think overall it was probably like 3-4 hours to complete. I'd recommend taking the course, especially since it sounds like you're new-ish to archery hunting.

• Like 1