Zeeks varmint hunting 2019/2020

14 minutes ago, Belo said:

there's a lot of mixed reviews. I've always wanted one but just can't swallow the  price. I guess I also dont see a huge advantage to that 3rd leg, seems like it would just get in the way.

sorry to threadjack! haha

I have a buddy that uses the tripod trigger stick. Hes happy with it, dont wory about a tripod being to big, u will love not having to hold the gun. Just set the length and all u have to do is lean into the gun to shoot.

Not to be overly politically correct, but please be careful with the gender identification.  I believe [mention=1547]TreeGuy[/mention] is still evaluating.

I heard he was considering changing his name to TreeGal

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

I have a buddy that uses the tripod trigger stick. Hes happy with it, dont wory about a tripod being to big, u will love not having to hold the gun. Just set the length and all u have to do is lean into the gun to shoot.

I will say that some of you guys may be able to pull that off but I went with @moog5050  and he had his set up the same way. I needed a chiropractor the day after from bending down...lol

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club

4 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I will say that some of you guys may be able to pull that off but I went with @moog5050  and he had his set up the same way. I needed a chiropractor the day after from bending down...lol

lol - can't help that you are too tall for the average tripod Mr. Giant.

• Haha 2

And.......nothing. Not a peep from a yote. Only did 3 sets, rain came in pretty hard so we called it. I did get to see a real nice buck across the street. I also got to compare my atn 4k pro nv with my buddies sightmark wraith. For anyone that cares, size wise the atn is huge length wise. I do have the sun shade on to help keep rain off the lens. Clarity is better on the atn, he only had the factory ir light but picture seemed grainy. Finally battery, he carries a cell phone travel battery pack that he hooks up to the scope. Its small, he actually keeps it tucked into his sleeve. But something else to have to remember. As we both get more used to the scopes and he upgrades his ir id like to try them out side by side again.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Real nice buck from last night. This is across the street from my house. Same buck i had on video in my back yard early in the week. He was with 2 doe and 3 other bucks.

VideoCapture_20200125-104049.jpg

That’s a good pic Zeek.  How close is that buck and is the pic zoomed?

Real nice buck from last night. This is across the street from my house. Same buck i had on video in my back yard early in the week. He was with 2 doe and 3 other bucks.
VideoCapture_20200125-104049.jpg.74b3a140c6688629578374afc40c5adb.jpg
To clarify when I said I hope thats not the last time he is in your scope, I actually meant anytime in November, during deer season, NOT all of dog season.

Nice thing is, he is staying close and maybe you will get to see when he drops a side and you can find em !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TreeGuy said:

To clarify when I said I hope thats not the last time he is in your scope, I actually meant anytime in November, during deer season, NOT all of dog season.

Nice thing is, he is staying close and maybe you will get to see when he drops a side and you can find em !

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Ill definitely be looking. There was another pretty good buck in the group, then 2 smaller ones. Lots of antlers to be finding hopefully.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

And.......nothing. Not a peep from a yote. Only did 3 sets, rain came in pretty hard so we called it. I did get to see a real nice buck across the street. I also got to compare my atn 4k pro nv with my buddies sightmark wraith. For anyone that cares, size wise the atn is huge length wise. I do have the sun shade on to help keep rain off the lens. Clarity is better on the atn, he only had the factory ir light but picture seemed grainy. Finally battery, he carries a cell phone travel battery pack that he hooks up to the scope. Its small, he actually keeps it tucked into his sleeve. But something else to have to remember. As we both get more used to the scopes and he upgrades his ir id like to try them out side by side again.

I was hoping you'd get to shoot a coyote with your new scope, but it's also good your getting familiarized with it, so there will be no hesitation when the time comes to pull the trigger.

It's amazing to see the animals you were probably missing, compared to hunting with the light. 

I had one day to get out afield during the cold spell and missed a shot at a nice sized dog that was hitting a bait pile.

100 yards, so it seemed like a done deal.

Ends up my thermal is having some POI temp issues that I never noticed because I haven't taken a shot past 50 yards in a long time and haven't been out in the real cold too.

I checked zero the next day and found it was almost a foot high and to the right, yet my recorded X/Y zero numbers never changed.

I checked my mounts and found no issues. 

Looked Online and found that the scopes have been having POI temp issues, so i followed some other users instructions for testing it and found my scope was defective. 

Sent it back for an eval and hopefully like for you, a new scope will be in the cards for me in 2020.

I just can't trust it anymore.

Don't forget that your scopes are also good for the daylight too and you could spend some time at the range getting some trigger time, comparing daytime and nighttime performance.

SJC

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I was hoping you'd get to shoot a coyote with your new scope, but it's also good your getting familiarized with it, so there will be no hesitation when the time comes to pull the trigger.

It's amazing to see the animals you were probably missing, compared to hunting with the light. 

I had one day to get out afield during the cold spell and missed a shot at a nice sized dog that was hitting a bait pile.

100 yards, so it seemed like a done deal.

Ends up my thermal is having some POI temp issues that I never noticed because I haven't taken a shot past 50 yards in a long time and haven't been out in the real cold too.

I checked zero the next day and found it was almost a foot high and to the right, yet my recorded X/Y zero numbers never changed.

I checked my mounts and found no issues. 

Looked Online and found that the scopes have been having POI temp issues, so i followed some other users instructions for testing it and found my scope was defective. 

Sent it back for an eval and hopefully like for you, a new scope will be in the cards for me in 2020.

I just can't trust it anymore.

Don't forget that your scopes are also good for the daylight too and you could spend some time at the range getting some trigger time, comparing daytime and nighttime performance.

SJC

Shot mine friday during the day. The kids wanted to take thier .22s out, cant say no to that. 

• Like 1