Zeeks varmint hunting 2019/2020

Glad that ole boy seems to be staying local to you! 

We spent 6hrs out there friday night, In some awesome setups. Had a pair answer back on our second set where we were the first set lol.. that's all we heard and seen all night besides dozens and dozens of whitetails .. very slow

• Like 1

Turned on the atn to check my field quick...dummy left the scope on. Battery has been charging for half hour now hope its good enough for 2 or 3 sets. Will be scanning with red light so i can save the scope battery. Dummy!
Against all odds !!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Well this will be the night of im a dummy. Scope was dead before i left. It got to charge for 30min before i left. Grabbed my shockwave...what an ass... i left that on too. It takes 10 AAs. I had 4 new ones. Get to the first set, calls on, i bark and howl with my diaphram call, then hit female deep howls on the foxpro. Its all gritty sounding. 4 new batteries out of 10 is not good enough. Just do howls and barks with my mouth call. Get some yotes to sound off a ways away. Call back and fourth for 5 minutes then silence. Put nutty nuthatch on the call since its kinda screachy sounding anyway. More barks and howls but no takers. Next set, head into another field, start walking the call out and i catch eyes lookin at me. Sneak back to the gun, turn on the scope...screen says battery critically low and shuts off:roulette:

So i take my gun off the tripod, put my buddies gun on it. We watch the eyes movin down the hedgerow maybe 175 yards out. He has a old bushnell and a tiny green gun light. I have my wicked light scan light on it but he cant get a good look at it. 99% sure it was a fox. O and the call went dead at this time... so now im howling and barking again with the mfk diaphram call. 5 minutes later boom eyes. Bigger brighter eyes down wind of us. They start out 150 yards and start up the hedgerow. Definitely moving out of the brush, they stop for a second and then in the hedgerow and gone. Buddy couldn't find it in his scope fast enough. 99% sure that was a yote... damnit!!!!!! We waited another 10 minutes, then headed home. On the bright side im getting much better with the diaphragm call. Be back out Saturday to new property in orleans county, with fully charged batteries!!!!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

https://www.atncorp.com/power-weapon-kit

Don't forget AAA batteries for the remote.

Cold sucks the life out of everything.

Good luck.

SJC

That battery pack is for the atn x sight 2. The 4k pro is a internal lithium ion battery. So it just has to be charged and it will last up to 18hrs. But if left on before hunting for a day or 2...

27 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Gotta have those nights every so often, hopefully that wa smy only night a few weeks back lol .. What are you scanning with? 

Ive been scanning with just the gun and ir light. But i knew the battery was to low to do that so i brought my wicked light red scan light.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

That battery pack is for the atn x sight 2. The 4k pro is a internal lithium ion battery. So it just has to be charged and it will last up to 18hrs. But if left on before hunting for a day or 2...

It has a USB-c port that'll charge it, as well as use for aux power.

SJC

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Well this will be the night of im a dummy. Scope was dead before i left. It got to charge for 30min before i left. Grabbed my shockwave...what an ass... i left that on too. It takes 10 AAs. I had 4 new ones. Get to the first set, calls on, i bark and howl with my diaphram call, then hit female deep howls on the foxpro. Its all gritty sounding. 4 new batteries out of 10 is not good enough. Just do howls and barks with my mouth call. Get some yotes to sound off a ways away. Call back and fourth for 5 minutes then silence. Put nutty nuthatch on the call since its kinda screachy sounding anyway. More barks and howls but no takers. Next set, head into another field, start walking the call out and i catch eyes lookin at me. Sneak back to the gun, turn on the scope...screen says battery critically low and shuts off:roulette:

So i take my gun off the tripod, put my buddies gun on it. We watch the eyes movin down the hedgerow maybe 175 yards out. He has a old bushnell and a tiny green gun light. I have my wicked light scan light on it but he cant get a good look at it. 99% sure it was a fox. O and the call went dead at this time... so now im howling and barking again with the mfk diaphram call. 5 minutes later boom eyes. Bigger brighter eyes down wind of us. They start out 150 yards and start up the hedgerow. Definitely moving out of the brush, they stop for a second and then in the hedgerow and gone. Buddy couldn't find it in his scope fast enough. 99% sure that was a yote... damnit!!!!!! We waited another 10 minutes, then headed home. On the bright side im getting much better with the diaphragm call. Be back out Saturday to new property in orleans county, with fully charged batteries!!!!!

that sucks man. It's one thing to be unsuccessful despite effort, but it always hurt when you know it was on you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Zeek, look into the lithium rechargable battery pack for the foxpro. Never buy battery's again. I ran the call on 5 sets with the fox Jack going, in -18°. Never missed a beat and showed a full charge. Worth every penny.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Thats my plan.

• Like 1

Well, went out last night into orleans county. First stop had yotes sounding off probably 1/2 mile away. Nothing showed. Next stop, BIG field. Still nothing, no tracks of any fox or yote in that one. Headed back to my buddys house to hunt a field across from his house, right before his driveway a fox crosses right infront of us into the field. Grab our guns and a couple hand calls. Tracked him down and spotted eyes about 125 yards out. Setup my gun and took a shot. Felt good...but no dead fox. Ill post a pic a 10th sec before the shot. Walk up to were it was standind and u can see the bullet hit right between his feet. At that distance the bullet should have dropped less than a inch. Tracked him more and cought up again, but he was a little over 200 yards id guess. That shot i pulled a little right, all i could see was his head. There will be a pic of that too. So im pretty pissed, the first shot was a gimme, that bullet was off atleast 6".  This a.m. i go through the scope and watch the videos, turn it off. Turn it back on to show my kids the videos and no icons showing up, no cross hairs. Turn it on and off 10x, still nothing. Look it up and its a common blank screen issue, thetes a video explaining everything i need to do that includes resetting it to factory specs, dowloading original firmware, the installing the latest firmware or something. This may be it for me and the scope, its really nice when it works but if this happens during a hunt id flip out. So i think im goin to return it and hope i can get a refund, if not ill just sell it and get a conventional scope and just go back to red lights.

Screenshot_20200202-095529_VivaVideo.jpg

Screenshot_20200202-095943_VivaVideo.jpg

GZ......You can borrow my 50 year old Burnham Bros. mouth call for those dead battery nights if you'd like.  It'll need  new rubber band though, I haven't used it in 40 years and I must have been snacking on Oreo's that night between sets.  Let me know......

:)

4 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Well, went out last night into orleans county. First stop had yotes sounding off probably 1/2 mile away. Nothing showed. Next stop, BIG field. Still nothing, no tracks of any fox or yote in that one. Headed back to my buddys house to hunt a field across from his house, right before his driveway a fox crosses right infront of us into the field. Grab our guns and a couple hand calls. Tracked him down and spotted eyes about 125 yards out. Setup my gun and took a shot. Felt good...but no dead fox. Ill post a pic a 10th sec before the shot. Walk up to were it was standind and u can see the bullet hit right between his feet. At that distance the bullet should have dropped less than a inch. Tracked him more and cought up again, but he was a little over 200 yards id guess. That shot i pulled a little right, all i could see was his head. There will be a pic of that too. So im pretty pissed, the first shot was a gimme, that bullet was off atleast 6".  This a.m. i go through the scope and watch the videos, turn it off. Turn it back on to show my kids the videos and no icons showing up, no cross hairs. Turn it on and off 10x, still nothing. Look it up and its a common blank screen issue, thetes a video explaining everything i need to do that includes resetting it to factory specs, dowloading original firmware, the installing the latest firmware or something. This may be it for me and the scope, its really nice when it works but if this happens during a hunt id flip out. So i think im goin to return it and hope i can get a refund, if not ill just sell it and get a conventional scope and just go back to red lights.

Screenshot_20200202-095529_VivaVideo.jpg

I was hoping you ATN scope would be one of the 5% that wasn't screwed up.

Make sure it has the most current firmware.

If not, follow the instructions and from what I've read, it should fix your scope.

I've Been there and accidentally ran over my ATN thermal.

I wasn't so lucky to have been able to run over the X sight at the same time.

How has your friends Wraith been holding up ?

SJC

2 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

If not, follow the instructions and from what I've read, it should fix your scope.

SJC

Its the most up to date firmware. Just finished fixing it. Now its a waiting game i guess hoping it never happens again.

2 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

SJC

As far as the wraith not sure. He didnt hunt this weekend. Ill probably be selling him my wicked light ir gun light. 

3 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Its the most up to date firmware. Just finished fixing it. Now its a waiting game i guess hoping it never happens again.

It's frustrating, but the only way to know, is to use it.

Try to replicate what you did to make it freeze up. 

If it happens again, your going to have to send it in for replacement.

Most have had no problems with the replacement.

I read that the first gen 4K scopes had an issue holding zero, but not with the newer units and not with the newest firmware loaded.

I've been there and am going through it again, but with a thermal scope not holding zero.

Shit happens, even with expensive scopes.

Hopefully your issues have been resolved and you get the wile e coyote.

SJC

• Like 1

Damn man, Im Sorry for your issues man, ITs really sad to see this happen to guys, and im sure stupidly frustrating for you. A lot of guys having issues with ATN product, for years.. seems they'd fix this issues?  Especially if a cheaper version like the Wraith seems to run flawless for most everyone. Got my anker power source hooked up on mine.. love it more now. 

• Like 1

do you think you'd have had an opportunity with lights? Seeing eyes and getting a shot? Just curious. That ATN is one of the only options I'd have within budget, but for that money I'd need it to work everytime. And yes I understand it's still affordable for NV, but it's still a lot of money.

10 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Damn man, Im Sorry for your issues man, ITs really sad to see this happen to guys, and im sure stupidly frustrating for you. A lot of guys having issues with ATN product, for years.. seems they'd fix this issues?  Especially if a cheaper version like the Wraith seems to run flawless for most everyone. Got my anker power source hooked up on mine.. love it more now. 

The wraith competes with the atn x sight 2 price wise. They have more similarities than the 4k. The wraith definitely seems to be the best bang for your buck right now. Interested what the wraith 4k will be like and price point.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Belo said:

do you think you'd have had an opportunity with lights? Seeing eyes and getting a shot? Just curious. That ATN is one of the only options I'd have within budget, but for that money I'd need it to work everytime. And yes I understand it's still affordable for NV, but it's still a lot of money.

The second set of eyes that i think was a yote yes. It came out of the hedgerow for a few seconds, enough to line up a shot. Definitely look at the sightmark wraith, but like the atn u need to upgrade the ir light and u will need a battery pack.

On 2/3/2020 at 6:15 PM, Gencountyzeek said:

The wraith competes with the atn x sight 2 price wise. They have more similarities than the 4k. The wraith definitely seems to be the best bang for your buck right now. Interested what the wraith 4k will be like and price point.

Oh i didnt know they were coming out with a 4k, im interested as well! Will be needing another one for the 243.

Have not had an issue with mine yet.. Ran it for 7 hrs yesterday and 3 hrs Friday.. Yesterday it lagged while in the settings tryin to change reticle color for daylight.. it would take 5-10 seconds to scroll to the next option.. Kinda worried me, but as soon as you were out of the menu it never hesitated a bit. Ill keep an eye on it.. never froze though  

• Like 1