The Quiet Place - Video

BizCT

There was a time at the peak of my hunting career, when I was in my 30s and 40s that I took hunting way too seriously!!!  Glad I outgrew that phase. Honestly, I could care less if I shoot one or not anymore. Though I hope I do?

It's all about just having fun now. Seeing others have success. And just being thankful that I get to participate at all!

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Seriously ,he dropped the guy off at his tree basically , just rev the engine a couple times on the SxS til I get in the tree.

Most of the comments on bowsite say that he is actually a great guy and fun to be around. Most are dropped off at their steps so they never step foot on ground. You go atv to sticks. They don't hunt all day either. They hunt bedding routes in AM and food in the PM

• Like 1

Check that my math was off, it would take 16 hours. I’d have to start back in as soon as I reached my truck coming out from an afternoon hunt , and I’d still be late .

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Anyone can kill a whitetail from a treestand, but can Jim Hole do it from the ground? I'd rather sit in @moog5050 's blind.

Anyone can kill a whitetail while being dead silent. It takes real talent to kill a whitetail when you have to mute the TV, put the skittles wrapper down without crinkling it to loud, put your phone back in your pocket and not spill your coffee! That my friend is true talent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Not gonna lie I'm kinda tempted to save to make a trip there some time! I'd love to hunt September!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DO IT DO IT DO IT. If i ever book a whitetail hunt it will be whitetail crossing in KY. I have talked to them a bunch. 

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

DO IT DO IT DO IT. If i ever book a whitetail hunt it will be whitetail crossing in KY. I have talked to them a bunch. 
Is whitetail crossing good? I know nothing about them but since you've spoken to them maybe you can share some insights

ive come to the conclusion that i will most likely never take a hunting trip.  Its just me but i cant bring myself to go somewhere and sit in a stand that's all set up and just shoot a buck or whatever that comes out.  I would feel like i didnt do my part.  Only way i would ever go is on a do it yourself type of hunt and dont want to spring that kind of time and $ into starting from scratch somewhere to hunt and figure it out.   I am sure i am in the minority on this and dont think anything less of anyone that does a trip but they just arent for me and i know it.  I even booked a hog hunt once and cancelled it cause i knew i just wouldnt be satisfied to just go and sit in a designated spot and shoot.  Even with a guide i would be afraid i would end up just tailing behind him til we see something to shoot. Only out of state/adventure hunt i am considering is a moose hunt in Maine - but chances of getting drawn are slim at best and i put in for the PA elk tag just cause it is so close.  I know i could do an alaska or an out west trip on public land as a DIY but i also dont have the coin to drop on a hunt where i cant go there to scout ahead of time.  I looked at a western cow elk hunt where you hunt a tract of land all on your own and that had some appeal to it but i also enjoy hunting my own areas so much that i am ok with that.  

Just something i have thought about and even started planning a few times. But i could never be happy with going to one of these outfitters and they set you in a tree for the day.  I know i wouldnt be happy with it.  The setup and figuring the puzzle are the biggest parts for me.  Again - not to say it isnt for others - I think its great if someone would want to - but for me i just couldnt do it.  Like this guy on this video would be telling me what to do..... nope .......   

43 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Morning of evening? does that include lodging? meals? field dressing? how much to bring a non-hunting guest?

Morning - 4am to 8am - nothing else included.  Depends on the non-hunting guest! 

Edit:  Wait, is Olivia97 your non-hunting guest?  Motel by the hour would be cheaper!

Edited by moog5050

19 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Is whitetail crossing good? I know nothing about them but since you've spoken to them maybe you can share some insights

Someone on this forum referred them. I cant remember who. But i have talked to them for a few years. Nice operation.

20 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

ive come to the conclusion that i will most likely never take a hunting trip.  Its just me but i cant bring myself to go somewhere and sit in a stand that's all set up and just shoot a buck or whatever that comes out.  I would feel like i didnt do my part.  Only way i would ever go is on a do it yourself type of hunt and dont want to spring that kind of time and $ into starting from scratch somewhere to hunt and figure it out.   I am sure i am in the minority on this and dont think anything less of anyone that does a trip but they just arent for me and i know it.  I even booked a hog hunt once and cancelled it cause i knew i just wouldnt be satisfied to just go and sit in a designated spot and shoot.  Even with a guide i would be afraid i would end up just tailing behind him til we see something to shoot. Only out of state/adventure hunt i am considering is a moose hunt in Maine - but chances of getting drawn are slim at best and i put in for the PA elk tag just cause it is so close.  I know i could do an alaska or an out west trip on public land as a DIY but i also dont have the coin to drop on a hunt where i cant go there to scout ahead of time.  I looked at a western cow elk hunt where you hunt a tract of land all on your own and that had some appeal to it but i also enjoy hunting my own areas so much that i am ok with that.  

Just something i have thought about and even started planning a few times. But i could never be happy with going to one of these outfitters and they set you in a tree for the day.  I know i wouldnt be happy with it.  The setup and figuring the puzzle are the biggest parts for me.  Again - not to say it isnt for others - I think its great if someone would want to - but for me i just couldnt do it.  Like this guy on this video would be telling me what to do..... nope .......   

forget whitetails if you dont want to sit in a stand. that's why i don't go on whitetail hunts.

any animal spot & stalk is a different approach every single day, stalk, etc.

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

13 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Morning - 4am to 8am - nothing else included.  Depends on the non-hunting guest! 

Edit:  Wait, is Olivia97 your non-hunting guest?  Motel by the hour would be cheaper!

Yes, that's her. She runs the sorority at Syracuse Univ.