The Quiet Place - Video

BizCT

Just now, Biz-R-OWorld said:

forget whitetails if you dont want to sit in a stand. that's why i don't go on whitetail hunts.

any animal spot & stalk is a different approach every single day, stalk, etc.

yeah those would def appeal to me more.  Thats why i would love the maine moose trip.  Would do a bunch of summer scouting then it woudl be all DIY for me.  I def understand why people use a guide service your chances go WAY up i am sure.  I just know it would frustrate me.  Some of those western muley spot and stalks seem awesome 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Well then 130% sign me up! I'd gladly be miserable with that guy for a week for 130% opportunity. The extra 30% must mean he just sacrifices himself if you don't see anything

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Where do you hunt son

Uh my backyard off of hole 15 south east of the cart path 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I enjoyed the video, and being a hardass is obviously that guys shtick.

I'll never stand/sit a hanger without a frigging harness on.  Not worth it.

I've thought about having the pegs in the trees + a nice hanger setup, would give me more options for less overall $$.  Easier to just replace the straps and buy more stands each year.  14 and counting.....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Hunting tomorrow, I just wrapped my apple and snickers in hockey tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Don't forget to hand over the cell phone.  That guy does body cavity searches just to make sure you aren't sneaking it to the stand.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Does he charge extra to have Olivia97 do the search?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, that isn't an option.  He does all the cavity searches himself.  He doesn't want any women in camp.  He doesn't want any girlie smells on anyone's equipment or clothing.  Plus, just as boxers are told to stay away from women to avoid weak knees, he doesn't want any of his hunters getting weak knees 20 feet up in a tree in his flimsy stands. It's a liability issue.

• Like 1

No, that isn't an option.  He does all the cavity searches himself.  He doesn't want any women in camp.  He doesn't want any girlie smells on anyone's equipment or clothing.  Plus, just as boxers are told to stay away from women to avoid weak knees, he doesn't want any of his hunters getting weak knees 20 feet up in a tree in his flimsy stands. It's a liability issue.

Women Weaken Legs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now, when I stop the lexus I want you to quietly get out and take one minute per step to your tree
At least my new Lexus is much quieter than his goofy ass quads. Now take 5 hours to climb your tree. The hunt starts at 1am

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What's the point of being ultra quiet while walking the 20 yards to the tree when you just got dropped off with a quad?  The quad basically cleared out all the deer within earshot of your foot steps for the next hour or so.

From what I read on the Bowsite forum from guys who actually hunt with him it works. They are used to the atv sound every single day. Guys get in their stands and as the sun rises they see bucks bedded with snow on their backs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread has been excellent entertainment over a morning coffee.  If I wasn't out of likes (it's been more than 24 hours, c'mon...), there'd be a lot of laughs spread around...

- A few years ago, I put moleskin on my bow riser around the drop rest.  Reduced a lot of arrow knocking sounds while heavily gloved, or amped up.  Did it work?  Dunno, but it made me feel better about making a movement mistake with a deer in range.

- I'm thinking about putting some sort of tape around my platform, mostly to keep a barrier between the metal and my boots.  I'd like to see if the barrier helps keep my feet just a bit warmer.  I read somewhere that it helps.

- I bet that fella is a master ball buster.