DMP filled finally

132 eight pointer

Oct.5,first time out this year.Climbed a tree on State land I was up and loving the cool calm conditions by 7 a.m..About 8 I notice movement out about 50 yds., Small deer. Oh there is another one,and another,and another and so on until 5 doe were moving toward me.2 mature and 3 fawns I believe. No shot at the biggest so the 2nd biggest would have to do.Probably 15 yds. I make a lousy shot too far back. I don't believe the arrow hit a branch it looked clear.Did the deer start to move,not sure.Did I pull the shot ? Could be.(yes I do practice shooting my bow) Climbed down and found a broken arrow and a great blood trail.Followed that slowly for 100 yds. or less and found her dead in a nice clear area of pine trees.So I got lucky and hit an artery and ended up filling a DMP the earliest I ever have.I had 2 DMPs last year that went unfilled so this is nice.

IMG_1429.JPG

Edited by 132 eight pointer
add comment
  • Like 15

On 10/17/2019 at 5:38 PM, G-Man said:

Do you buy a muzzleloader tag? I usually save my dmp for a guest, or youth in gun season. The anterless only tag is valid anywhere and it's always 1st tag I fill..

It depends sometimes I do other years no. I have 2 DMP'S so I  still have one for the rest of the seasons.