Cabela’s Wooltimate

Steuben Jerry

Anybody use this? A buddy has some that he bought a few years ago and he raves about it. I had a couple of gift cards and just ordered pants and a jacket. Figured it for a mid-season thing.

I think they discontinued it for a couple of years, but there’s a few different items in stock now.

8E1D7DA8-0DD3-4E98-8100-00CA1B703B0F.jpeg

• Like 1

I too have some and love it. I found the pants run on the small side so prepare for that possibility. The ones with “wind shear” are the best. I stupidly didn’t pay attention when I bought the pants and they don’t have it so during high wind days it can be a little chilly but the pullover I have has it and is the warmest thing to have on. They deff like to pick up burrs but I find it easy to rub them off on the pants, jacket is harder for some reason.

But for the price, it’s very nice stuff. Only real negative to them is weight. Not a good walking gear but great for the stand.

• Like 1

I have the wooltimate jacket and pants I use during bow and the stand hunter which is the wooltimate parka and bibs during gun which has heavier insulation. It does collect debris and burrs but i dont walk through that stuff during gun. Highly recommend all of it.

Besides wooltimate I have a leafy/ghillie waterproof parka I wear during bow on the ground and pretty much have eliminated all cotton and non-waterproof outer layers.

• Like 1

If you’ve worn quality wool you’ll laugh at the wooltimate’s wool quality. If you’ve never worn wool and like the wooltimate try good wool and you’ll be amazed.

Wooltimate is made from recycled wool. When you recycle wool you loose the good qualities but keeps the bad. The weave is very loose and makes it colder than it should be because wind goes through it much more than quality virgin wool.

I got a set on clearance years ago and sent it back without ever wearing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

If you’ve worn quality wool you’ll laugh at the wooltimate’s wool quality. If you’ve never worn wool and like the wooltimate try good wool and you’ll be amazed.

Wooltimate is made from recycled wool. When you recycle wool you loose the good qualities but keeps the bad. The weave is very loose and makes it colder than it should be because wind goes through it much more than quality virgin wool.

I got a set on clearance years ago and sent it back without ever wearing it.

What the heck is recycled wool?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

What the heck is recycled wool?

It is taken from the sheep the Amishmen keep tied to a post out BEHIND the barn...

The VIRGIN wool is taken from the sheep the Amishmen can't catch...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

It is taken from the sheep the Amishmen keep tied to a post out BEHIND the barn...
The VIRGIN wool is taken from the sheep the Amishmen can't catch...
Thanks for the chuckle but you're now going to be called a racist against Amish so better be careful. I hear they make Excellent furniture.

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Thanks for the chuckle but you're now going to be called a racist against Amish so better be careful. I hear they make Excellent furniture.

I can't say...I never sat on one....

• Haha 1

Even Virgin wool I still find to be a bit itchy

Not all wool is this same, quality wool costs more money. I think my new wool pants were almost 300$ if they last as long as my last pair I’ll be more than happy my old pair is 6 or 7 years old with an ungodly amount of miles on them and they’re still in great shape other than the fact that the crotch is worn out from my thighs rubbing. I have tried a lot of hunting clothes brands and materials and in my opinion the way I hunt nothing compares to wool. It’s warmth is top notch especially when wet, it doesn’t hold scent, it’s the quietest material for going through the woods “fleece is also very quiet.” When the temps get down below 40 I’m in wool from socks to base layers and outer layers.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Dammit!  I have been waiting for the Wooltimate pullover in 2XL since last year.  They only ever has S, M, L. 

I finally bought a really nice pullover from Asbell Wool, and I really like it, although there has not had the crucial true test in the woods yet.