Antler Restriction Results Poll (2019)

Canis Latrans

Antler Restrictions Results Poll (2019)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. How have the areas with antler restrictions you hunt affected the quality of bucks?

• I see significantly more larger, older bucks than before
    • I see slightly more larger, older bucks than before
    • I see more bucks, but they are small ones
    • No change, the bucks I see are the same
    • I see the same amount of bucks but they are smaller
    • I see slightly fewer bucks
    • I see significantly less bucks
    • I see significantly fewer deer over all (including bucks and does)

I know these questions have been asked before, but now that we are into the 2019 Season I would like to hear from hunters on what the think of AR's. Please share the WMU you are hunting and give some details of the average size of bucks you are seeing, and how big the largest bucks you are seeing now are compared to what you saw before AR's.

Edited by Canis Latrans
Grammar

I know these questions have been asked before, but now that we are into the 2019 Season I would like to hear from hunters on what the think of AR's. Please share the WMU you are hunting and give some details of the average size of bucks you are seeing, and how big the largest bucks you are seeing now are compared to what you saw before AR's.
I don't remember what year they were implemented but at our small property (4O) you can definitely see the difference. Before ARs we saw mostly Does and once on a while small Buck's (spikes-4/5 pts) with an occasional 6 or 7 on camera and once in a blue moon an 8.

Since 2 or 3 years after the ARs we see smaller bucks all the time, occasional 6pt sightings and mature bucks on camera all the time. We have also had sightings of mature bucks almost every year even if it was not always while in stand. We've only killed one mature buck since then but I don't judge ARs success on kills only because we only have 50 acres with a 3 or 4 people hunting and bumping deer around all the time. Our neighbors don't hunt much so we don't have a lot of deer pushed to us either.

Just my 2 cents. I doubt the change was all a coincidence but who knows. The only thing that sucks is you need 3 PP for a doe permit

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk