Souvenirs from South Dakota.

Skillet

Somehow these two strays ended up in our truck for the trip back. The reservation is overrun with them. They shoot them there.

Think they are a Lab mix and a Husky mix. Boy won't the dogs at home be thrilled.

IMG_20191017_151410813.jpg

6546.jpeg

Edited by Skillet
  • Like 20

Somehow these two strays ended up in our truck for the trip back. The reservation is overrun with them. They shoot them there. Think they are a Lab mix and a Husky mix. Boy won't the dogs at home be thrilled.

IMG_20191017_151410813.thumb.jpg.f14648382716851bf7120deb09656b77.jpg

6546.thumb.jpeg.3a763827f2ac7a84285c0175f05bbdbf.jpeg

Those Indians. Not such good news shooting dogs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Those Indians. Not such good news. Especially the crow out in Wyoming. Not so nice and they literally go to the bar right off the reservation then go home and beat their women. Doesn't seem very nice. At least they get hammered after only 1 drink

Not cool.....

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Those Indians. Not such good news. Especially the crow out in Wyoming. Not so nice and they literally go to the bar right off the reservation then go home and beat their women. Doesn't seem very nice. At least they get hammered after only 1 drink

So, flagrant racism is your theme today?  Maybe you'd like to start a topic on how all Hispanics are lazy etc just pass your time?

1 hour ago, The Jerkman said:

That's racist comment 

I can say that  because I'm part Indian and Chinese. 

I just found out 

I found some corn and  half a Fortune cookie in my dump last night . :)

Edited by Hunter007

So, flagrant racism is your theme today?  Maybe you'd like to start a topic on how all Hispanics are lazy etc just pass your time?

No I don't think they are lazy. They have excellent cuisine and beautiful beaches, not to mention awesome Mayan monuments. And are not to mention some of the hardest working people I have ever met. And willing to do whatever it takes job wise to make ends meet. You can't not admire that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

Well shooting stray dogs = not so good news. That's not cool. The Apache and Comanche tribes are fantastic. It's the crow in particular that haven't yet seemed t get their acts together. Just walk around downtown Sheridan, Wyoming. You'll see them drunk as a skunk in the middle of the day

My grandmother was born and raised on a reservation. She never drank a drop in her life. Nor did my great grandfather, great uncles, or my mother. 

Sorry man, to lump a group of people together the way you did in that statement is hurtful to those people. And a bit racist at the least. No group of people on this earth, is responsible for the actions of certain individuals. We all have good and bad. Just sayin..................

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

No I don't think they are lazy. They have excellent cuisine and beautiful beaches, not to mention awesome Mayan monuments. And are not to mention some of the hardest working people I have ever met. And willing to do whatever it takes job wise to make ends meet. You can't not admire that

Yea  because those Scandinavian people don't drink like fish lol 

And are all saints 

Like the Vikings right .

You find good and bad in every group .

My grandmother was born and raised on a reservation. She never drank a drop in her life. Nor did my great grandfather, great uncles, or my mother. 
Sorry man, to lump a group of people together the way you did in that statement is hurtful to those people. And a bit racist at the least. No group of people on this earth, is responsible for the actions of certain individuals. We all have good and bad. Just sayin..................
Oh I don't disagree. And I don't by any chance consider myself to be perfect either. I was trying to speak more from my own personal experience when I went to the crow reservation when I was in Wyoming and saw the battlefield from Little Bighorn and then what I saw in town.

Yea  because those Scandinavian people don't drink like fish lol 
And are all saints 
Like the Vikings right .
You find good and bad in every group .

Oh the Vikings were barbarians as well. Raping and pillaging is definitely not a very good way to go about conquering

Now to the OP sorry for that derailment. ack to the original post before things got off the rails. What are those two puppies going to be named and I hope you ran them past the Mrs first. Else she's gonna be in for quite the surprise when you guys return home

11 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Now to the OP sorry for that derailment. ack to the original post before things got off the rails. What are those two puppies going to be named and I hope you ran them past the Mrs first. Else she's gonna be in for quite the surprise when you guys return home

No worries man, I don't think you're a racist.

The wife is with me! I suckered her into it.

Black one is named Sioux, and the brindle is Dakota.

• Like 3

No worries man, I don't think you're a racist.
The wife is with me! I suckered her into it.
Black one is named Sioux, and the brindle is Dakota.
Dakota Sioux very nice!. And oh that's even better! Lucky man!

• Like 1

To clarify, the people we dealt with on the Rez were very nice folks. I really liked them and made some friends I will be staying in touch with.

They don't make a sport of shooting dogs.

The problem is so bad, that there are literally dozens of strays. The Rez is so poor, that spay / neuter and proper vet care isn't an option for most people.

Rescue groups come and take what they can. Vets donate services, but it's still not enough.

As a result, the police and game wardens are forced to do things they don't want to. They literally can't afford to put a dog down with an injection.

The game wardens were super helpful and nice guys, who thanked us over and over for taking the dogs.

Matter of fact, a lot of New Yorkers could be half as nice as South Dakotans (on and off the reservation), and we'd be a lot better off.

• Like 1

To clarify, the people we dealt with on the Rez were very nice folks. I really liked them and made some friends I will be staying in touch with.
They don't make a sport of shooting dogs.
The problem is so bad, that there are literally dozens of strays. The Rez is so poor, that spay / neuter and proper vet care isn't an option for most people.
Rescue groups come and take what they can. Vets donate services, but it's still not enough.
As a result, the police and game wardens are forced to do things they don't want to. They literally can't afford to put a dog down with an injection.
The game wardens were super helpful and nice guys, who thanked us over and over for taking the dogs.
Matter of fact, a lot of New Yorkers could be half as nice as South Dakotans (on and off the reservation), and we'd be a lot better off.
Anytime you get away from the NY tri state area I feel like people become 1000 times more friendly. Especially out west in the big hunting areas. Must be all the beautiful views and land that just makes for a much more pleasant way of life regardless of financial situation. On top of all that freedom they have. Only downside is the brutal winters

• Like 2