FIRST YEAR

Newhunter96

I live in the Brooklyn so probably around the Catskills but I’m willing to drive to the ADK or wherever the hunting is good. I’ve scouted Cranberry mountain wma Preseason but didn’t see much sign or just not experienced enough to notice deer sign yet. Gonna give sterling forest a shot opening week and see how it goes 

4 hours ago, Cory said:

From my experience if your shooting from a treestand practice from an elevated platform the bolts seem to shot differently than from on the ground. Good luck! what part of the state are ya hunting?

Enjoy the time in the woods.  Take what makes you happy.  Biggest advice i always give new people tell someone where you are going.  Stuff happends and always good if someone knows the area your in.  My wife doesnt care where i hunt but i better send her where i end up or she blows up my phone.  Other would be practice with which ever weapon your using so it becomes second nature for you.  

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Thanks 1