Live from the blind

Al Bundy

Just now, sodfather said:

It’s a Beretta A391 got it on the cheap before the A400’s came out . It’s a sweet rig in my opinion 

That is a fine shotgun, Jay.....If you stumble across another one on the cheap, let me know   <<grin>>...

• Like 1

My hunt consisted of a 4 hour drive starting at 230AM.  I was hoping we had action like last weekend. Arrived at 620 for a 705 legal shoot time, geared up, and started setting up decoys.  Sadly a slow day. Two ducks came within range, shot one and saw a handful of feathers fall from the sky.  Hit the road for home at about 1:30 for another 4 hour drive.  Managed not to fall asleep either direction while driving.   Closing weekend coming up.  Ill be out both days this time.

• Like 3

Closed the season this weekend. Saturday was slow. Saw a few and got no shots. Sunday was better, but not great. Saw wayyyyy more ducks Sunday but out of range.  I managed to get two shots, and splashed one bird. That was it within range.  They are flaring due to something. Going to change things up with decoy spread next year and see how it goes.  

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Closed the season this weekend. Saturday was slow. Saw a few and got no shots. Sunday was better, but not great. Saw wayyyyy more ducks Sunday but out of range.  I managed to get two shots, and splashed one bird. That was it within range.  They are flaring due to something. Going to change things up with decoy spread next year and see how it goes.  

I was telling the guys the other day that when waiting for my father to get out of doctors appointment I was watching a retention pond loaded with ducks and geese all moving around. A group of 12 to 16 birds came in and FLARED on live birds lol... I guess it’s late season and that’s what they do ...

• Like 1