Trying to hunt on Long Island

First-light

Ok so deer are way over populated here on the island. Towns have enforced a rule that you can't hunt any closer that 150 feet from a dwelling. Now that is not all towns but look at this video and the crap this guy puts up with. Personally with all those kids around no way would I hunt there. But it's legal and people are putting up a stink about it. The mouth on that kid is gross and big daddy doesn't help. 

• Haha 1

Yea these people are disgusting. One of the places I used to hunt in Sterling Forest the trail took you pretty close to people’s back yards. I remember waking out one morning during rifle season and the kid screamed at me f you old man. First off I didn’t react but who is dumb enough to scream that at a unknown person carrying a firearm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Yea these people are disgusting. One of the places I used to hunt in Sterling Forest the trail took you pretty close to people’s back yards. I remember waking out one morning during rifle season and the kid screamed at me f you old man. First off I didn’t react but who is dumb enough to scream that at a unknown person carrying a firearm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well apparently he thought you were old. So....

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Wouldn't be worth it to me...I'd take up needlepoint...SAD.....Another good reason that I haven't gone east of the Hudson River since 1977....

And now you know why I got the 4 pound  shotgun that  fits in my backpack . Just so I don't have to deal with the likes of those people on public land  . Even If they don't say anything many of them give you dirty looks  when they know you are hunting. 

Edited by Hunter007

13 hours ago, First-light said:

Ok so deer are way over populated here on the island. Towns have enforced a rule that you can't hunt any closer that 150 feet from a dwelling. Now that is not all towns but look at this video and the crap this guy puts up with. Personally with all those kids around no way would I hunt there. But it's legal and people are putting up a stink about it. The mouth on that kid is gross and big daddy doesn't help. 

Showed this to one of my buddies. He showed it to his wife and she knew who the kid was. She’s a guard at the kids school and knew him as soon as she seen him

• Like 2

Many uninformed about hunting and in public area this is sometimes an issue.  If you saw the 170 plus inch deer in the back yards of these people you would not care about pissing some off.  We do it all the time, sometimes these idiots have to put there 2 cents in because the just finished watching bambi and need a safe space.  One reason I stick to public land but have hunted many private and see how bad it can get.  These are the same people who go in and steal camera's and damage tree stands.  Father is an idiot for not explaining how the real world works but he is probably a liberal idiot living in his own world that revolves around himself and has no real clue about life. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Probably not the best time to inquire about recovery rights.  I can't imagine dealing with that crap to hunt.

That would be the issue hunting in areas like that even in suburbs around upstate cities. Big bucks there but so not worth the hassle for me. I could hunt family land in Lancaster but choose not to as to many people just out looking walking around, trespassing because they just bought a house in development next to farm and it just unused land.. the interruptions by people walking dogs oblivious to me sitting in a hedgerow feet from them and dogs so domesticated they never saw or smelled me ,ignorant and lack of instincts like their owners.. ugh.. for those that hunt the burbs..I respect you can out up with all the people.. I moved far away as I hate dealing with people

• Like 3

In 2017, I had access to a nice spot in the town I live in westchester. Bow only. It was only 6 acres but everything was legal from the homeowners. People were always yelling stuff at me and calling cops on me, etc. I never got in trouble because it was legal, but I never went back. Had 4 different nice bucks on camera in november at that spot. I saw 1 beauty 8pt at 50-60yds out of shooting range. I miss that spot, but wasn't worth the headache.

I heard many people deal with this kind of stuff on stateland in Connecticut.

3 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

In 2017, I had access to a nice spot in the town I live in westchester. Bow only. It was only 6 acres but everything was legal from the homeowners. People were always yelling stuff at me and calling cops on me, etc. I never got in trouble because it was legal, but I never went back. Had 4 different nice bucks on camera in november at that spot. I saw 1 beauty 8pt at 50-60yds out of shooting range. I miss that spot, but wasn't worth the headache.

I heard many people deal with this kind of stuff on stateland in Connecticut.

If you hunted from a tree, they would never even notice you.

• Like 1

Just now, moog5050 said:

If you hunted from a tree, they would never even notice you.

LOL. It wasn't when I was hunting. It was when I was parked and leaving car and/or coming back to the car. Cops were cool. they told me everyone was on edge because there were a few poaching gun kills on that road. all of westchester county is bow only for deer so people were pissed.