New possible record in Oakfield

Five Seasons

13 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

It is a beast, it will make top 10 in ny. Kinda crazy it was a 18 yr old... looking at my biggest buck on the wall which is 131" its crazy to imagine 50 more inches of antler.

the sad thing is that everything he shoots from here on out will be a disappointment haha.

12 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not a “record”, but beauty of a buck. Look forward to seeing final score after drying period

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

how not?

13 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

I work with a couple guys who know his father . The story i was told is ,a guy fell out of the tree while hanging a tree stand and broke his leg ,this kid asked for permission to hunt the stand since his leg was busted and shot this deer.  

That would be my luck! Break a leg hanging a stand in the perfect spot. Can't hunt said stand because of busted leg.  So give permission to let someone else hunt the stand. And they shoot a record book buck! 

Kudo's to the guy who gave up his spot to the kid!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The ground is managed quite well from most all accounts. Several people involved in that hunting group and the neighbors have publicly noted how that buck was one of several deer in book category using that ground and the general field where that buck was shot. One person gave specifics and noted there were a half dozen bucks between 130-150" plus this guy using that field. Another publication published the road the ground is on, too. Quite crazy to go into that detail IMO.

Nice buck. A few years back another teen shot a similarly large buck early season in that same area. 

• Like 3

Agree Phade, I know guys who won’t even send pics to friends , you can come see them but that’s it . Once things hit the web and everyone’s phones you loose control of who knows and it can bring unwanted attention to your spot for sure .

Half a dozen more you say ......

1 hour ago, Belo said:

how not?

The Archery Typical record in NYS is 180 1/8" Net.

The Archery Non-Typical record in NYS is 210 4/8" Net.

So again, it won't be a NYS record but still a great once-in-a-lifetime buck. I'll be curious to see where it ends up score-wise.

8 minutes ago, Buck_IT said:

NET.  Dad works with his neighbor 

That would shatter the current NYS record of 180 1/8" (pic attached) from Westchester County. Guess we'll find out soon (post drying/shrinkage). Wonder if the split G2 makes is score higher as NT though? in which case, nowhere close to a record.

xrich-johnson-buck.jpg.pagespeed.ic.zYE4tYBKyg.jpg

Edited by Biz-R-OWorld

2 minutes ago, Buck_IT said:

Yea we'll see.  like i said it was a rumor lol  

I hear ya. I'm really curious if it scored as NT or Typical. The split G2 is not coming off the beam, so it's clearly an "abnormal point", so that adds inches to Gross but hurts the Net. The left side 5 is super clean. the right side with the abnormal split G2 and crab claw front is what probably kills the NET

• Like 1