Check This Guy Out

The_Real_TCIII

At first glance I thought it had a real chance to take down the world record archery typical buck (Mel Johnson's 1965 buck that scored 204" and change NET), but based on the comments from people who have more info it seems it may come up just short. that broken beam could hurt. Pretty crazy to see such a clean 8x8.

It still blows my mind that nobody can seem to break the Mel Johnson achery typical buck record. 1965 was a long long time ago. Also goes to show you how rare a true 200" typical buck is. People throw words around like 180 class or 190 class and most times it simply isn't a true. As a reminder, NYS record typical archery buck is 180" and change net.

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

At first glance I thought it had a real chance to take down the world record archery typical buck (Mel Johnson's 1965 buck that scored 204" and change NET), but based on the comments from people who have more info it seems it may come up just short. that broken beam could hurt. Pretty crazy to see such a clean 8x8.

It still blows my mind that nobody can seem to break the Mel Johnson achery typical buck record. 1965 was a long long time ago. Also goes to show you how rare a true 200" typical buck is. People throw words around like 180 class or 190 class and most times it simply isn't a true. As a reminder, NYS record typical archery buck is 180" and change net.

Edited by Hunter007

Wow! What a buck! Just to see a buck like that in the wild, would be a crowning experience for any hunter.

I don't know if I could ever possibly make a bow shot on a buck like that though. As I'd be shaking so bad with buck fever!

Shot looks a bit back from the photo? Probably a quartering away shot? But he got him! Awesome!

• Like 3

Oklahoma has some really big deer. Mentality out there is different too in line with the Midwest it seemed. when weighing in my buck at the 7-eleven people other hunters seemed to think a 150 class deer was decent. to me here in NY that's huge! went to the outfitter's personal home and saw his trophy room. it was packed with turkey, a wolf, a couple more less common things for around here that i don't remember, and loads of whitetails. had shoulder mounts 150 class and past 200" right there in your face all from there. "camp" i stayed in got the sub par lesser bucks in the 140's and below. haha multiple 170's shot before i got there, just over the border in KS and back in OK. they had a 2.5 year old typical 14 pointer he pleaded with a client not to shoot but client shot it anyway. lol

Edited by dbHunterNY

Word is "official green score of 192 6/8 net and 209 4/8 gross." 4.5 year old buckk, they had watched for a few years. Might not make state record, but we'll know more after 60 day drying period. world record is clearly out of question.

Not to diminish the accomplishment, but I read on another forum that this buck was killed at a legal feeder and often they use supplements in the feeders like the hormones they use on cattle to aide in growth.  I plant smallish food plots so maybe I shouldn't question it, but feeders and supplements are not the typical conditions.  Whatever, great buck.  Just was a bit surprised to learn that.

Not to diminish the accomplishment, but I read on another forum that this buck was killed at a legal feeder and often they use supplements in the feeders like the hormones they use on cattle to aide in growth.  I plant smallish food plots so maybe I shouldn't question it, but feeders and supplements are not the typical conditions.  Whatever, great buck.  Just was a bit surprised to learn that.

The feeder alone diminishes the accomplishment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1