Beetle Guy (Or gal)

The_Real_TCIII

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Wow hes expensive

Whitetail Buck (Lower Jaw Add $50.00) $120.00

That's why I've been boiling my skulls the past few years.  Their are a few places online Thad you can ship to that are cheaper but shipping it out would make me too nervous of the head getting lost.

10 minutes ago, Red said:

That's why I've been boiling my skulls the past few years.  Their are a few places online Thad you can ship to that are cheaper but shipping it out would make me too nervous of the head getting lost.

$120 isnt terrible but $50 for the jaw seems a bit much? Other places I have used were $10. I had a guy in Batavia but lost the info, its been a few years

I gotta disagree with some of you. A doe cape on a buck? or any cape for that matter on a shoulder mount from a different deer is just weird to me. It's a combo of 2 deer. At that point, you might as well just add some inches on the tines, fix any imperfections on the rack, etc.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I gotta disagree with some of you. A doe cape on a buck? or any cape for that matter on a shoulder mount from a different deer is just weird to me. It's a combo of 2 deer. At that point, you might as well just add some inches on the tines, fix any imperfections on the rack, etc.

seriously? I dont agree. If you lose your cape for whatever reason and use another what difference does that make. For the most part a cape is a cape is a cape

11 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

seriously? I dont agree. If you lose your cape for whatever reason and use another what difference does that make. For the most part a cape is a cape is a cape

my regular season buck last year had a neck infection from being gored - Jason said he could try to mount it with the cape but I would likely have a very large bald spot where the infection was when tanned.  He recommended a new cape and handled it that way.  You need to use the same size obviously but better than a big bald spot.  I actually wanted the infection but I guess it wouldn't come out like that.

Pretty sure a doe cape is a no go on a buck.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

Just now, moog5050 said:

my regular season buck last year had a neck infection from being gored - Jason said he could try to mount it with the cape but I would likely have a very large bald spot where the infection was when tanned.  He recommended a new cape and handled it that way.  You need to use the same size obviously but better than a big bald spot.  I actually wanted the infection but I guess it wouldn't come out like that.

Comparing that to adding/repairing tines etc is apples and matchbox cars. We may need someone to check in on @Biz-R-OWorld

• Like 1