Beetle Guy (Or gal)

The_Real_TCIII

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

seriously? I dont agree. If you lose your cape for whatever reason and use another what difference does that make. For the most part a cape is a cape is a cape

I guess for looks if it nearly identical, but if you add a cape with double throat patch instead of one or some other type of marking that doesn't match the buck killed, its weird to me. or if the size is off.....older/younger cape or summmer/december coat

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I guess for looks if it nearly identical, but if you add a cape with double throat patch instead of one or some other type of marking that doesn't match the buck killed, its weird to me. or if the size is off.....older/younger cape or summmer/december coat

Well thats the outlier

your mount is for you. whether you fix a tine, use a different cape, the pose etc all really don't matter if you like it. The idea for me with my taxidermy is to trigger the memory and tell the story and not much more. Maybe the mount might mean something to your kids, but after that it's just a dead animal with no story. don't overthink it.

Save yourself some money, been boiling the skulls for years. This is the 10 point from this20191026_210717.thumb.jpg.3ee3c3795c8184e7b50d8a14d63e43c1.jpg weekend that was cleaned up in a few hours. Take as much meat off as possible, boil and repeat. Boiled this skull 3 times, once dried comes out real nice.

One of my issues is cutting the skull...what do you use and how do you keep it straight (That’s what she said!).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have heard pressure washing is a good alternative but havent tried yet.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QewQKZKMj1Qi have also heard you can bury them and the bugs will pick them clean but havent had much luck. i have had one buried since last fall and when i checked it this past summer it still had quite a bit of flesh. Maybe its not berried in the right area or soil , i don't know but lots report using this method successfully.

On 10/27/2019 at 7:27 AM, Nytracker said:

Bare bones and bugs down here . Did my 2018 buck  . Cleaned  dipped and plack was  under $120

20190216_190547.jpg

I've used Scott (BareBones and Bugs) in the past, and he does a great job. 

IMG_1661.JPG

Edited by DanD
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
I got a guy from [mention=6006]Gencountyzeek[/mention] he is in Batavia, I'm very happy with the work and the cost! $60 including the lower jaw. Next best quote I got was $115. Im very much a DIY guy but this is one job Im quite happy to pay someone else to do

image.png.5a644bd1de2d70523acf11ed1475408e.png
image.thumb.png.231d65ac627bd2fee148e8cddaf3d078.png
Looks lovely!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I got a guy from [mention=6006]Gencountyzeek[/mention] he is in Batavia, I'm very happy with the work and the cost! $60 including the lower jaw. Next best quote I got was $115. Im very much a DIY guy but this is one job Im quite happy to pay someone else to do

image.png.5a644bd1de2d70523acf11ed1475408e.png
image.thumb.png.231d65ac627bd2fee148e8cddaf3d078.png

Shoot me a PM or text with the contact info. I want to have my bow buck done just because. I was going to do it myself but for $60 to have someone else do it seems worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/ILoveToHunt/videos/444379049687260/

European Mounts Deer, Bear Cleaning - $75 (HOMER, NY)   

It's DEER Season!

Have your deer or any animal professionally cleaned!!!
I use Dermestid Beetles to clean all skulls. Skulls are then degreased and whitened or just have skull cleaned for only $35

EurOnly Choice European Mounts

607-591-28one3