Wounded Buck Kills A Hunter

Rattler

Few years ago my daughter “ killed” this buck. She took pics, sent them to friends, posted on FB , looked back over at it ( still in stand )and it was walking into a crop field with two does . Never to be seen or found .

5AB21A5D-BEE9-4B9D-B4E2-3BE1220A426A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Few years ago my daughter “ killed” this buck. She took pics, sent them to friends, posted on FB , looked back over at it ( still in stand )and it was walking into a crop field with two does . Never to be seen or found .

5AB21A5D-BEE9-4B9D-B4E2-3BE1220A426A.jpeg

Similar story with a better ending, our daughter's buck from last year; 

We were both out, half a mile from each other. I hear her shoot and a minute or two later, she's on the radio with a "dead right there" report. I figured I'd still hunt my way to her to help, and 10 minutes later she's on the radio saying it got up and walked away. Couldn't get a shot off before it was in those woods. Her hubby gets there an hour later, and they both go off on a tracking mission. They saw it standing in the creek bottom a quarter mile away. She was able to drop it, and they had a multi-hour recovery and drag back to where I could get the tractor to it. She originally one-lunged it.

IMG_7449.jpg

• Like 1

Similar story with a better ending, our daughter's buck from last year; 
We were both out, half a mile from each other. I hear her shoot and a minute or two later, she's on the radio with a "dead right there" report. I figured I'd still hunt my way to her to help, and 10 minutes later she's on the radio saying it got up and walked away. Couldn't get a shot off before it was in those woods. Her hubby gets there an hour later, and they both go off on a tracking mission. They saw it standing in the creek bottom a quarter mile away. She was able to drop it, and they had a multi-hour recovery and drag back to where I could get the tractor to it. She originally one-lunged it.
IMG_7449.jpg.8dd8f7b7b6af10783d5dd0b25ee3410a.jpg
You think there was any indication buy the way the buck was laying it was still alive?
Nomads daughter's buck looked dead as a door nail.....God only knows what trickery these deer have up their sleeves.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, mlammerhirt said:

You think there was any indication buy the way the buck was laying it was still alive?

Laid there for at least 10 minutes and never moved. I didn't see the picture yet because the crappy cell service still had it downloading on my phone.

She has had some iffy shots in the past that required follow up shots, so I remember actually telling her to put another in it if she can see vitals. She didn't want to take the shot from that angle so she came down the ladder to walk closer for a finisher if needed. When she came out of the hedgerow, the deer was gone, and she just got a glimpse of it slipping through the woods. No shot opportunity at that time though. You should have seen the expression on her face when she was telling me about it! Horror and sadness mixed in!

To her credit, she has never lost a deer. I think that was deer number 7 for her, and all bucks, never shot a doe.

• Like 1

You know the buck i killed last year took a slug to the bottom part of neck. Nothing vital. I shoot kightfields and the guys here tell me the shock wave from the impact killed that deer. He went down on the spot but as I walked up to him eyes wide open trying to move his legs. I can see this happening for sure. Mine did die after about 2 minutes but wow what a story.