Long Island Supporting their deer hunters

Five Seasons

Saw this a million times by now. It sucks no way around that Kid and father are jerks. We have a right to hunt in these areas but that being said you are only looking for trouble hunting that spot with such high visibility from the neighborhood families. Hunter handled himself well. 

• Like 2

That is an awful news report. Within the first sentence, the bias is laid plain. The bowhunter is described as “cold hearted” in front of a “sobbing” kid.

That’s not journalism, that’s opinionated garbage masquerading as news.

The friggin NY Po$t...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

I was just offered a backyard in Nantucket to
Hunt which is riddled with deer according to the home owner- woken up every morning by the dog who goes crazy, ticks on dog and family members regularly, etc. Not sure I want to deal with the liberal animal lover Mass-holes(I’m allowed to call them that-my wife is from there so....) surrounding the property.

At the same event yesterday another guy showed me a pic of an absolute slob in his yard in the Hamptons. He thinks it is majestic and wonderful to be living among them so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot  of guys that hunt places like that are gardeners since the owners already know them had a friend use to do that shot some of the biggest bucks in Westchester all because he had access from working as a gardener in areas off limits to everyone else .  Strange way to hunt between houses  not my thing .

Edited by Hunter007
  • Like 1

I was just offered a backyard in Nantucket to
Hunt which is riddled with deer according to the home owner- woken up every morning by the dog who goes crazy, ticks on dog and family members regularly, etc. Not sure I want to deal with the liberal animal lover Mass-holes(I’m allowed to call them that-my wife is from there so....) surrounding the property.

At the same event yesterday another guy showed me a pic of an absolute slob in his yard in the Hamptons. He thinks it is majestic and wonderful to be living among them so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d go around and meet them all, maybe they feel the same way as the homeowner that gave you permission. Sounds exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

We go where we can...

That said, I’d rather get up an extra couple hours early, or catch a few hours cat nap in my car, and be hunting well away from ANY house....

it’s about being in nature, in the woods, in the deers element that the most rewarding

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

12 hours ago, Rebel Darling said:

That is an awful news report. Within the first sentence, the bias is laid plain. The bowhunter is described as “cold hearted” in front of a “sobbing” kid.

That’s not journalism, that’s opinionated garbage masquerading as news.

The friggin NY Po$t...

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

dont read the article. that's where bias is laid out. watch the video. but yeah, that's bad. Although the headline doesn't help the kids case either. Overwhelming support for the hunter online though, even in the most liberal of anti-hunting group think facebook pages. 

That kid is being taught that it's ok to swear and throw fits to other adults for exercising their legal rights. 

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

He thinks it is majestic and wonderful to be living among them so....

actually i feel this way too. I think most of us do. I absolutely love deer. I think they're majestic as well. I think most of us do, and that's why hunters do more for conservation than any other group. We just also find them delicious :)

Check out "The Women Who Kill Lions" if you want to hear vitriol in a narrators voice. Its freakin ridiculous

I want to know why the girl in the last shot has her hand around the barrel. Apparently nobody ever told her about barrel harmonics. She could be killing way more animals if only she used proper technique

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2019 at 7:04 AM, Hunter007 said:

A lot  of guys that hunt places like that are gardeners since the owners already know them had a friend use to do that shot some of the biggest bucks in Westchester all because he had access from working as a gardener in areas off limits to everyone else .  Strange way to hunt between houses  not my thing .

Grew up hunting in westchester... between looking at the mailman and ups drivers from my treestand and other hunters screwing with stands and stealing cameras I had enough... Hunt in dutchess county now where the bucks are much smaller but I do not have to deal with all the other BS.....

• Like 1